A Nightmare Weekend :o(..........

Planned to go out saturday morning, have a new permission farmer was phoned and message left but no reply at first ? Anyway on Thursday I had 2 tooth extractions that I seem to of been waiting over 6 months for as I have problems with bleeding badly for over a week afferwards so it was arranged to be done at the hospital, in I went thurs had injection to numb the area extractions done in less than 10 mins no pain and the socket was filled with sterile material and then stitched over..........job done or so I thought.

He said to avoid infection he would prescribe antibiotics and noticed I have a penecillin allergy and to Metronizadole another type but what did he prescribe ........Metronizadole ? I never even looked at the box just took and after about 3 tablets started feeling unwell with uncontrolable shaking, by now its friday night and the pain was worsening so I biked 8 miles to A and E for some better pain killers then 8 miles back whilst feeling totally sick and bad, got in could'nt sleep all the time becoming more agitated and stressed, then about 3am I let dog out the garden and ''BANG'' massive sharp chest pain which made me grab my chest and could barely move now cold sweats and shakes were so bad I woke my partner and she rang an ambulance, they were here in minutes and put me on an ECG machine and gave me angina spray under the tongue, then said it looked ok but they'll take me in for more tests.....

After blood tests and more ecg's they said it could of been an allergic reaction to the metronizadole which I said he prescribed even though my notes clearly stated the allergy causing ones including this one, ( someones going to get a mouth full monday morning ) or a stinking letter of complaint, but they also noticed a squeak like sounding heartvalve and said i may have an enlarged heart due to hard excercise etc, that I need to see my GP about to arrange tests etc :o(

Anyway whilst in the hosp farmer rang me and said he got message I explained my situation and he said no worries get well soon and come out soon as you can, so after being in hospital all night and most of saturday morning they finally dis-charged me but teeth were badly infected and face was swollen like a hoarding hamster, so today i went to out of hours dentist who took out a swollen ball of this sterile material that had exploded like a volcano and got to the size of a large marble but stitches holding it in, anyway she cut the stitches and removed this ball of blood soaked gunk and AAAAARGH instant relief no pain and antibiotics I am allowed finally kicked in doing their job, all in all a nightmare I never want to relive ever again .....hoping to get out 2moro afternoon till lights out ...fingers crossed......

Deano

My partner had something similar a few years back. went to the dentists and they said she needed wisdom teeth extracting, ( i argued that she needed some fitted). but this was normally done at the hospital because it would need stitches afterwards. but they had the dental surgeon that performs the operations visiting that afternoon, and he would be able to do it under a local anesthetic. so the procedure was carried out. 1 of the teeth had 3 roots on it. the dentists said they had never seen it before. they stitched her up and sent her home. Without the antibiotics. couple of days later she was in agony and called the dentist. they said it could take up to a week for the pain to subside. so she left it for a full week, and i took her to the dentists. the infection was running riot. they gave her the antibiotics that should have been prescribed in the first place, but it was another week before she was well enough to moan at any sort of decibel level.