Sign in to follow this  
fay

Beefing Up A Full Hound

ALRIGHT TROOPS.

THE DOG IS UNDER WEIGHT AND THE LASS ASKED HOW TO BEEF HER DOG UP.

TRIED AND TESTED BY GREW OWNERS,TRAINERS FOR YEARS N YEARS.

BROWN TOASTED LOAFS/MEAT/FISH/VEG ANYTHING GOES WHEN YOUR TRYING TO BEEF UP A DOG .

ITS HARDER PUTTING ON THAN IT IS TO TAKE IT OFF .

FACT..

ONCE THE DOG HAS WEIGHT ON THEN YOU CAN CONDITION IT AND START BUILDING MUSCLES.

YOU CANT BUILD FECK ALL IF THE FOUNDATION IS GONEY CRUMBLE.

FACT.

The only way this will work is that carbs are more easily turned into energy than fat so are burned first but once they are gone it's fat energy that's burned so in theory if a dog is only burning it's carb intake it will get fatter on the energy not burned ie the extra calories.

Wheat is bolllocks and is possibly the cause of my dog's gut issues, along with certain vegetable proteins.

Why feed bread as a main part of the diet????

I wouldnt even think of using bread to put weight on a mutt... Whenever ive needed a dog to gain a few pounds i chuck it a raw postmans leg from the butchers along with its usual feed... Used to feed tripe until i cut open a tripe one day and found it infested with fluke

I worked with a trainer for a few years, bread was a good part of their diet. As well as chicken,horse,tripe,dry greyhound dog food,pasta,tuna,all sorts of veg... Everything basically, it all went in the pot.

Not a skinny dog in sight :)

You could try feeding satin balls? Here's a recipe for them-

http://www.dogforum.net/dog-frequently-asked-questions/5191-how-make-satin-balls-fat-balls.html

• Like 1

ALRIGHT MATE

RIDING ABOUT ON YOUR HORSE/PICK UP/QUAD

YOU SHOULD BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO BENCH A MEEGER 500IBS.

WHITE BREADS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT THING FROM BROWN WHOLEMEAL BREAD.

AMERICANS IDEAS ON DIET ARE ALSO COMPLETLY DIFFERENT FROM OURS.

MAYBE ITS PORTION SIZE.

OUR BIG IS YOUR SMALL.

:hmm::thumbs::tongue2::angel:

:laugh:

223_zps7dce786b.jpg

215_zps0cfb2f83.jpg213_zps26f19b39.jpg

it will be ok mate........think thats just how greyhound pups look while there growing..............

mine at 9 months old.............

Photo0303.jpg

and about two weeks ago...........

bluehound1_zps24117093.jpg

nice bitch and good luck........... :)

• Like 1

I always feed my dog brown bread....lol,but I don't know fcuk all...lol .

Thats pretty much my point. Just cuz folks have always done it dont make it right. If people would just stand back and evaluate the situation and have just a basic knowledge of nutrition about them they would say, "What the f**k am I doing that for?" And then they would just stop doin silly shit that dont matter.
I was carrying on....,of course I know how to feed my dogs...lol....but they still get brown bread...

Got to add some bread to disguise the taste of some of the dry foods,if they taste as bad as they smell,feck knows what they put in them

Infact fook me even Jesus liked a loaf or two.. :D

Infact fook me even Jesus liked a loaf or two.. :D

Yes but back in them days they were on the bones of their arse,could'nt even get enough leather to cover their feet :laugh::laugh:

Just feed it more dry food,if it won't eat any more put some gravy and lard in with it.

Just feed it more dry food,if it won't eat any more put some gravy and lard in with it.

Exactly. Just feed it more kibble.

Feeding a dog bread when they make dry dog food makes absolutely zero sense at all. The dry feed is bad enough let alone feedin them f****n wheat.

all greyhound men feed there dogs brown bred with there meals do they not have a clue

Must be to keep the kennel boy busy. Dogs don't need carbs at all. So, what you feed them just ends up on the kennel floor waiting for the shovel. ;)

ATB

I don't eat wheat and I don't drink milk. It's shite.

Recently I have really been looking into the whole wheat thing . . . . . and man is it bad for you!

Finally! Yes wheat is f****n horrible for you. I dont care if you are "allergic" to it or not nobody should be eating it. Do you know why we eat wheat and drink milk? Cuz its f****n cheap and the government can subsidise it, control it, and produce it in massive amounts and feed their huge ass population cuz they are too afraid to hurt people feelings by telling them. "Hey folks yall are makin too many damn babies. Stop gettin married cuz its retarded and stop f****n without birth control ya silly fuckers." That prolly would be political suicide if ya told the truth so they opt out.

typical yank lol f**k your politics

people have been feeding dogs bread for years and untill one dies from it it will continue to happen. ask any greyhound man with a kennel full of top class dogs and one thing they have in common is that they feed bread

Exactly. Just feed it more kibble.

and brown bread

• Like 1

And if a 10 month old's pin bones are showing, "You are doing it wrong!"

The dog is either wormy or you are simply not feeding enough. There is zero reason though why a dog would need to eat dog gone bread at anytime during its entire life. Makes absolute zero sense whatsoever. I dont care what grandpappy dont know shit told you.

Hahahahahaha!!!! Yanks giving advice on diet and spelling!!! Whatever next? Somalians giving advice on yachting etiquette and gentlemanly seamanship?

My dogs have always had brown bread. One of my greyhounds was in the semi-finals of the Springbok at Wimbledon. He ate brown bread (he also ate other dogs, that's why he was going over the hurdles).

The bottom line is that brown bread DOES put weight on a dog. It works, so why change it?

I wouldn't worry if any greyhound was struggling to hold weight, up until it was 18 months old. That's what they do, Dan don't know shit about greyhounds, spelling or diet.

Edited by kranky
  • Like 1