Beefing Up A Full Hound

Half the Western world and f**k knows how many Americans are fat as f**k...biggest problem is...bread and bread products...cakes...and what do we make them with wheat... :thumbs:

I have a well respected and successful professional greyhound trainer on my doorstep who is always glad to offer good advice...and according to him the best thing to "put a back on a dog" is brown bread...

Gain, one of the country's top greyhound food manufacturers produces what they call Brown Bread Nuggets

http://www.gainfeeds.com/greyhound/brown-bread-nuggets

I feed brown bread and have fed the Nuggets in the past...my advice for putting weight on a dog and this is jmo but it has worked for me in the past is...cut the protein and up the carbs...pasta, rice or brown read...and add fatty lamb/lamb breasts and animal fat...

However, if the dog is still growing it may well be a growth spurt and I wouldn't worry about it...my alaunt x bull/grey went through a stage when he was about 10 months where he looked a poverty case...ribby and stripped of any excess flesh...he was well wormed/healthy and bright in himself musta just been putting all the goodness into height... :thumbs:

• Like 4

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nowt much wrong with that dog, apart from its coat, Malaseb shampoo is what you need, a good vigorous brushing against the grain, get stuck in, cod liver oil capsule, 1 a day, fresh water, as for brow

Half the Western world and f**k knows how many Americans are fat as f**k...biggest problem is...bread and bread products...cakes...and what do we make them with wheat...   I have a well respected a

Infact fook me even Jesus liked a loaf or two..

Posted Images

ALRIGHT MATE

RIDING ABOUT ON YOUR HORSE/PICK UP/QUAD

YOU SHOULD BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO BENCH A MEEGER 500IBS.

WHITE BREADS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT THING FROM BROWN WHOLEMEAL BREAD.

AMERICANS IDEAS ON DIET ARE ALSO COMPLETLY DIFFERENT FROM OURS.

MAYBE ITS PORTION SIZE.

OUR BIG IS YOUR SMALL.

:hmm::thumbs::tongue2::angel:

• Like 1

Guidelines for Approximate Protein,

Fat and Carbohydrate Levels in Canine Athletes

% of Calories from Protein. Fat. Carbohydrate.

Sprint 25% 30% 45%

Endurance 35% >55% 10-20%

Intermediate 25-35% -65 10-40%

Adapted from Toll and Reynolds, 2002,1 and Hill (in press).7

Guidelines for Approximate Protein,

Fat and Carbohydrate Levels in Canine Athletes

% of Calories from Protein. Fat. Carbohydrate.

Sprint 25% 30% 45%

Endurance 35% >55% 10-20%

Intermediate 25-35% -65 10-40%

Adapted from Toll and Reynolds, 2002,1 and Hill (in press).7

Sandymere

That's interesting that...guideline protein levels in human athletes wouldn't equate to the same I don't think...can't imagine the world's top 100m sprinters eat less protein calories than and endurance athlete...

All good stuff... :thumbs:

ALRIGHT TROOPS.

THE DOG IS UNDER WEIGHT AND THE LASS ASKED HOW TO BEEF HER DOG UP.

TRIED AND TESTED BY GREW OWNERS,TRAINERS FOR YEARS N YEARS.

BROWN TOASTED LOAFS/MEAT/FISH/VEG ANYTHING GOES WHEN YOUR TRYING TO BEEF UP A DOG .

ITS HARDER PUTTING ON THAN IT IS TO TAKE IT OFF .

FACT..

ONCE THE DOG HAS WEIGHT ON THEN YOU CAN CONDITION IT AND START BUILDING MUSCLES.

YOU CANT BUILD FECK ALL IF THE FOUNDATION IS GONEY CRUMBLE.

FACT.

im not a lass lol im bloke the dog has no signs of ribs shwoing wormed im just not happy with her hip bones showing she gets here full meal with some raw chickn and cardilge ill put a pic up to stop the debate lol

f*****g works tho!

Not it doesnt. Why would feeding them wheat be more beneficial than just feeding more dry kibble? You have zero clue about basic nutrition obviously.

Well someone's on the blob ain't they, take some bread and ram it up your behind you jumped up hero!

• Like 1

And as for having no clue about basic nutrition!!

Today I've eaten

Breakfast Omelette, tinned tomatoes

3 chicken breast and 4 hard boiled eggs 2 Oranges throughout the day

Two tins of tuna two sweet potatoes and a f**k off bowl of veg

Then after the gym I'll be eating more chicken and I might try squeeze some more eggs in.

And a few litres of water.

The dogs eat

Minced chicken and veg, rabbit, venison and redmills racer

But when my pup was young and went through a stage of not holding weight I used brown bread and pasta which DOES work for putting weight on no matter what you say.

• Like 1

Beef mince/beef and tripe mince mackeral/sardines and tuna all in oil..mixed with a dry food that is not too high in protein aswell as a raw egg cracked over the food 3 time's a week work's ok for me..and the occasional left over's from cooked dinner's..and Fay i don't know how much you are exercising your pooch but it can be over done with some pooches during the growth stage.

Edited by Millet

bread is full of sugar which turns to fat, which puts on weight FACT. DOGS get there energy from fat not carbs like people do since they became farmers we to got our energy from fat but people now eat different but our bodies have not really developed fully to it. Feed your dog tripe and you will see a dog fill out along with exercise. GREYHOUND trainers feed beef etc with bread bread to put on weight and lean beef to on its own to lean out

Edited by pothunter

And as for having no clue about basic nutrition!!

Today I've eaten

Breakfast Omelette, tinned tomatoes

3 chicken breast and 4 hard boiled eggs 2 Oranges throughout the day

Two tins of tuna two sweet potatoes and a f**k off bowl of veg

Then after the gym I'll be eating more chicken and I might try squeeze some more eggs in.

And a few litres of water.

The dogs eat

Minced chicken and veg, rabbit, venison and redmills racer

But when my pup was young and went through a stage of not holding weight I used brown bread and pasta which DOES work for putting weight on no matter what you say.

You have a very good diet. Congrats!