Beefing Up A Full Hound

I worked with a trainer for a few years, bread was a good part of their diet. As well as chicken,horse,tripe,dry greyhound dog food,pasta,tuna,all sorts of veg... Everything basically, it all went in the pot.

Not a skinny dog in sight :)

You could try feeding satin balls? Here's a recipe for them-

http://www.dogforum.net/dog-frequently-asked-questions/5191-how-make-satin-balls-fat-balls.html

• Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nowt much wrong with that dog, apart from its coat, Malaseb shampoo is what you need, a good vigorous brushing against the grain, get stuck in, cod liver oil capsule, 1 a day, fresh water, as for brow

Half the Western world and f**k knows how many Americans are fat as f**k...biggest problem is...bread and bread products...cakes...and what do we make them with wheat...   I have a well respected a

Infact fook me even Jesus liked a loaf or two..

Posted Images

ALRIGHT MATE

RIDING ABOUT ON YOUR HORSE/PICK UP/QUAD

YOU SHOULD BE HEAVY ENOUGH TO BENCH A MEEGER 500IBS.

WHITE BREADS A COMPLETLY DIFFERENT THING FROM BROWN WHOLEMEAL BREAD.

AMERICANS IDEAS ON DIET ARE ALSO COMPLETLY DIFFERENT FROM OURS.

MAYBE ITS PORTION SIZE.

OUR BIG IS YOUR SMALL.

:hmm::thumbs::tongue2::angel:

:laugh:

223_zps7dce786b.jpg

215_zps0cfb2f83.jpg213_zps26f19b39.jpg

it will be ok mate........think thats just how greyhound pups look while there growing..............

mine at 9 months old.............

Photo0303.jpg

and about two weeks ago...........

bluehound1_zps24117093.jpg

nice bitch and good luck........... :)

• Like 1

I always feed my dog brown bread....lol,but I don't know fcuk all...lol .

Thats pretty much my point. Just cuz folks have always done it dont make it right. If people would just stand back and evaluate the situation and have just a basic knowledge of nutrition about them they would say, "What the f**k am I doing that for?" And then they would just stop doin silly shit that dont matter.
I was carrying on....,of course I know how to feed my dogs...lol....but they still get brown bread...

Got to add some bread to disguise the taste of some of the dry foods,if they taste as bad as they smell,feck knows what they put in them

Feeding a dog bread when they make dry dog food makes absolutely zero sense at all. The dry feed is bad enough let alone feedin them f****n wheat.

all greyhound men feed there dogs brown bred with there meals do they not have a clue

Must be to keep the kennel boy busy. Dogs don't need carbs at all. So, what you feed them just ends up on the kennel floor waiting for the shovel. ;)

ATB

I don't eat wheat and I don't drink milk. It's shite.

Recently I have really been looking into the whole wheat thing . . . . . and man is it bad for you!

Finally! Yes wheat is f****n horrible for you. I dont care if you are "allergic" to it or not nobody should be eating it. Do you know why we eat wheat and drink milk? Cuz its f****n cheap and the government can subsidise it, control it, and produce it in massive amounts and feed their huge ass population cuz they are too afraid to hurt people feelings by telling them. "Hey folks yall are makin too many damn babies. Stop gettin married cuz its retarded and stop f****n without birth control ya silly fuckers." That prolly would be political suicide if ya told the truth so they opt out.

typical yank lol f**k your politics

And if a 10 month old's pin bones are showing, "You are doing it wrong!"

The dog is either wormy or you are simply not feeding enough. There is zero reason though why a dog would need to eat dog gone bread at anytime during its entire life. Makes absolute zero sense whatsoever. I dont care what grandpappy dont know shit told you.

Hahahahahaha!!!! Yanks giving advice on diet and spelling!!! Whatever next? Somalians giving advice on yachting etiquette and gentlemanly seamanship?

My dogs have always had brown bread. One of my greyhounds was in the semi-finals of the Springbok at Wimbledon. He ate brown bread (he also ate other dogs, that's why he was going over the hurdles).

The bottom line is that brown bread DOES put weight on a dog. It works, so why change it?

I wouldn't worry if any greyhound was struggling to hold weight, up until it was 18 months old. That's what they do, Dan don't know shit about greyhounds, spelling or diet.

Edited by kranky
  • Like 1

I don't eat wheat and I don't drink milk. It's shite.

Recently I have really been looking into the whole wheat thing . . . . . and man is it bad for you!

Finally! Yes wheat is f****n horrible for you. I dont care if you are "allergic" to it or not nobody should be eating it. Do you know why we eat wheat and drink milk? Cuz its f****n cheap and the government can subsidise it, control it, and produce it in massive amounts and feed their huge ass population cuz they are too afraid to hurt people feelings by telling them. "Hey folks yall are makin too many damn babies. Stop gettin married cuz its retarded and stop f****n without birth control ya silly fuckers." That prolly would be political suicide if ya told the truth so they opt out.

That's your government Dan. Not ours. Your government pander to the whingers that you have there. Whilst I pity the poor people of Boston that were affected by the recent marathon bombing, I can't help but wonder how many of those affected were the ones that donated to the collections that helped fund the IRA. You're probably not aware that millions of dollars were donated to the IRA from the people of Boston. That's without all the other idiots from the other cities and states chucking money in and all the corporate funding. You're probably not aware of this because your government do lie to your people and keep you dumbed down.

I'm sure that there were many people from all over this country, who were victims of IRA attacks, that saw the cruel irony over the marathon bombing.

If your unsure about feeding your dogs bread then that's your prerogative but I'd be more concerned about my government feeding me shit.

(You got political and that's suicide for a Yank!!)

• Like 3

Just feed it more dry food,if it won't eat any more put some gravy and lard in with it.

Exactly. Just feed it more kibble.

Dogs get bored of kibble though and some will stop eating it,that's why I put lard or gravy in with the extra when they're working harder or it gets cold.

I've never fed bread before but to play devils advocate I think dogs would have evolved to eat grain,since that's what we eat,and they will have had many more generations to adapt to the diet.