Hi lads ,

I have been thinking about the idea of setting up my own syndicate , small group of members , not looking for massive bags.

Now i have the wood where I intend to shoot and it is well established with nice cover from hazel and several other types of trees and also large ares in the middle with long rushes. There is also a river that runs parallel to the wood and has several tributaries that flow throughout the wood.

So many question is really where to start and wahat are my first steps?

atb

myles

First you need to get your members and decide how much each person is willing to spend. Then when you have the total you need to divide that up between bird stock, feeding, fuel, materials for building pens and feeders. Start small and you can always increase.

Hi mate,I dont want to put you off,because there is a lot of pleasure to be had from a well run syndicate.I dont know how much knowledge or experience,you have .But the fact you are asking on here tells me that you might be new to the sport.If that is the case ,you need to get someone who has run a succesful syndicate or a gamekeeper to take a look at your wood and give you some advice. Almost any wood cad hold game,but they will be able to tell you how much and where to site a release pen etc....There are so many pitfalls that can cost a lot .....seek advice , but dont be put off,the rewards can be great provided you dont go into it half arsed. ATB