Most Hares Caught In One Day With One Dog, Pre Ban

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS HIS THE PIC OF THE DAY WITH ERN theres 15 0n the pic, 2 was from 2 days before on some diffrent ground,,,, they was [all] shot but they was flushed.. the ground were i did go was[ very green], th

Folks moaning about hares being shot and not being run by dogs, one of my permissions has been coursed and the fields driven on and because the "coursers" were so friendly when asked to leave by a las

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Langford said:

Horrendous, and the idiots that banned hare coursing are meant to be on the hares side aren't they? Shooting tons of them is great for hare preservation isn't it.

I'd say the annual hare shoots might be an effective and efficient way of controlling hare numbers on a commercial shoot, and brings a small income, I hear the Italians like to come over for the hare days, but when the natives cannot legally go out for a bit of coursing it's a sorry state, also for the sighthound clubs etc, it hasn't done good in any way, just look at Altcar

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Langford said:

Why on earth would you want to wipe out 20+ green hares after the fields have just been cut, shit for brains springs to mind.

Still, for me, that number is bullshit.

Whats wrong with going and killing a few stubble time if you know where theres alot of hares ? Rather have abit of sport with my dog than leave them to thermal shooters thats for sure

• Like 2

Folks moaning about hares being shot and not being run by dogs, one of my permissions has been coursed and the fields driven on and because the "coursers" were so friendly when asked to leave by a lass who runs a clay ground on the estate the estate have now said kill them all as it'll save any hassle in the future.That pic is one days shooting and it was Cypriots that came and shot them and all but 5 were taken to be eaten by them,my terriers ate the others. Also a month or so ago a farm in my village i can see from my house was tourched 2 days after he ran some coursers off his fields and he would have said yes and showed them a out the way field and sat and watched had they asked him for a run....

IMG_20211023_152529_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5