Most Hares Caught In One Day With One Dog, Pre Ban

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS HIS THE PIC OF THE DAY WITH ERN theres 15 0n the pic, 2 was from 2 days before on some diffrent ground,,,, they was [all] shot but they was flushed.. the ground were i did go was[ very green], th

Folks moaning about hares being shot and not being run by dogs, one of my permissions has been coursed and the fields driven on and because the "coursers" were so friendly when asked to leave by a las

Posted Images

On 13/05/2013 at 21:11, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

What's people's personal best with one dog in one day, and what month of the year was is ? The most I've had in one day is 5 with a bitch I bred, her father direct out of Charlie and mother direct out Joe, that was in Lincolnshire in November, her mother did 4 at Boston in January, never seen a dog with my own eyes do more than 5 in one day but know it has been done but 

Big numbers = bad hares

• Like 2
1 hour ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Or good dogs, you had 6 with bonnie one Boxing Day didn’t you, I’ve always said a dog that can catch 2 or 3 hares most times out is a top class animal in my eyes

2 or more each time out you flying mate but stubble time dogs are kicking stopping em 

6 hours ago, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

Or good dogs, you had 6 with bonnie one Boxing Day didn’t you, I’ve always said a dog that can catch 2 or 3 hares most times out is a top class animal in my eyes

Yea Aby dog that kill 6 in winter they gotta be right enough but them 6 hares she killed be fair longest run was about 1 minute

Me personally think it comes down to month of the year/weather /ground/land/the hairs themselves weather there soft or clued up/etc ... here in Ireland a dog could just say 4or5 where as take him to UK where there is ground for miles I mean 2 or 3 times the size of most the land back here I personally think they'd struggle tbh ...like  imagine a soccer player playing on a gaa pitch he'd  struggle big Time or be found dead ffs ??? just my opinion each too there own ... like Cheltenham the Irish horses clean up every year its down to the slight changes in different circumstances 

Numbers wouldn't bother to be fair as long as your mutt gives there all get a kill or two getting out with your jukel and he don't jack .know when your dogs had enough is more important rather than breaking him down .then you can fight another day

1 hour ago, Langford said:

Why on earth would you want to wipe out 20+ green hares after the fields have just been cut, shit for brains springs to mind.

Still, for me, that number is bullshit.

More about bragging rights than anything else. 

• Like 1