Good Cheap Food For Ferrets

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

none of mine will touch dry food, but you look at the ingredients and they all have plant protein in them, so its not exactly the best for them. A localish butcher sells 500g bags of minced chicken ca

Meat meat and more meat ........

Yeah,I only have two ferrets atm and they are 9 years old,still healthy and working.They get good tucker lol.Just posted it to outline what was common practice here years ago,and it was the attitude i

Local farm shop does unbranded dry ferret food for £18 a sack which normally lasts me most of the summer, feed them raw food late evenings and take out whats left in the morning and not too much....................

• Like 1

alpha ferret food is cheap

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB0090/alpha-ferret-feast-food

I also use this and i think its a good price for 8kg and its a good food.

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB1336/burgess-supa-ferret-buffet

I use tesco value mince, chicken livers (40p a tub frozen section) chicken wings cut up into 3 and then put em into bags and in the freezer.

Maybe not as cheap as Joes suggestions but pets at homes nuggets has reasonably good ratings and isn't too costly, about 7 pound for 2kg, gets cheaper the more you buy. My two wont eat more than 2kg in a month. Personally i buy loads of brands and just give them a mix to keep it interesting.

Yeah selectives quite expensive. Only herd good things about P@H nuggets, I'd put it on par with JWB, just cheaper, and doesn't stain teeth like JWB is said to.

Top end quality is things like selective and vitalin, but you do pay for it.

Middle would be JWB and P@H

Chudleys is cheap but has poor ratings.

I think the ingredients in P@H has changed, 2011. Your not wrong though, it wasn't the best feed at the time and the packaging also compared ferrets to rodents in that the teeth need to be kept short. This was also rectified in 2011.

I good time of year for them.. with flapppers - Brachers..

Dirty tho full of lice, I would freeze them first.. Had a bag full once whole bag was moving :bad:

Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

Ok but what about cat food any good or just stay with ferret food ?

Thanks for all your comments

No, dont feed cat food to ferrets especially if you mean wet cat meat its full of jelly shite and they cant digest it.

If you're already feeding them dry, give them raw chicken wings on a night the bones are great at cleaning their teeth.