Altberg/lowa Pic's Added Of My New Investment

Looking for a new pair of boots dont realy want to spend over £200, ive done a bit of homework and narrowed it down to these 2 as ive read a few bad comments on the new meindle boots.

Ive never owned either Altberg/Lowa so what type/style would you surgest? and where are you buying from?, im favouring the Altberg as i intend having a look in there shop soon and get a fitting as im not to kean on buying without trying.

cheers

Daz

Edited by dazzz

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did paulus take that pic for you bunnys haha

giro these are what he brings me the altberg great boots atb bunnys.

well went Altberg and get measured for some boots, i picked the high country as i wanted more support for my damged achilies otherwise i would hae picked the Burgen as they where spot on straight out

Posted Images

You'll not go wrong with either of those 2, its a matter of which boot fits you best,

cheers lads thats why im favouring the Altbergs, how much are you paying for the Lowa's and where from???

Guest scramble

You'll not go wrong with either of those 2, its a matter of which boot fits you best,

cheers lads thats why im favouring the Altbergs, how much are you paying for the Lowa's and where from???

ive got a pair of meindle's :laugh: dessert fox i think. got them brand new in the box from a car boot along with a load of other army gear.

In my opinion.... its bestto look at the guys that wear their boots 24/7....the squaddies.

Altberg and lowa.....are top draw :yes:

Lowas are indestructable....tough as fcuk.....great grip.....but quite heavy.

Lowa combat....non goretex.... expect to pay around the 135 mark :thumbs:

Altberg are british.....its all i wear....very light....great boots.

Go for the 'sneekers' or the 'warriors'....amazing boots.....

Expect to pay around the 145 mark..... :thumbs:

Ive worn all boots...in all conditions.....in all places...

And its altberg for me 100% :thumbs:

Had lowa GTX for about 4/5 years wear them several times a week. Never let in and to be fair I don't always look after them that well lol but have polished and applied dubban the odd time. I would get decent pair of gaitors that makes the difference to a boot IMHO. Best money I spent, went through loads of boots before failing to bits with digging and letting in.

I have similar old skool, hard wearing. Need gor Tex in milder weather make your legs sweat. Got some karrimoor ones were bit pricey don't like wearing them in the dark don't think it would take much to rip them on a fence lol

cheers all, BPR ive been on there website (altberg) and your looking at £175 to £200 so if i could get a pair of Lowa for around £140 woud probably go with them??

Giro i think they do the mounting gtx in brown now where did you get your's??

Dykos i think i saw a pic of your's when i was looking through old post's, where your's brown?? and are they true to size as im not keen on buying without trying.

Must admit the meindles they sell on here look very good but likes been said beter to go with one's lads have been using for years and not kean on the bad press of late,

call me fussy but if im spending over £200 on a pair of boots then they should last without having to return them several times.

Cheers Daz