Tuning And Fitting A Vmach Kit To An Air Arms Prosport Part 1

I fitted a v-mach kit to my 177 pro sport but at first it gave very low f/lb's about 9 if I remember so took it apart and re-sized the v-mach piston seal refitted it and then it give about 10 1/2 f/lb's which I left it at then after about 2 tin's of pellet's it went up to just over 11 f/lb's and shot like a pcp hardly any recoil no spring twang very good number's over the chrono ,in my eye's the best money I ever spent atb john

same as i love mine i am more confident with it now than i ever was with the 410

Thought I had already commented on this, sorry darryl. I think this is an excellent how to vid, and after my afternoon apprenticeship in the man cave, has me thinking happily about the pro sports upcoming service and fettle. There was a bit I wasnt sure about concerning the under lever that you're cleared up a treat, so thanks for that mate, your a star.

Cheers, wurz

• Like 1

Darrly,an exellent how to vid, my new prosport has only around 1000 pellets through it so a service is a long way away yet,but iam a very very fussy chap and hate trusting others with my stuff,so with your vid i will service mine myself and the cost saving will go towards a decent crony to check its back to best

iam a car mechanic by trade and i have worked with some people i wouldnt trust with toy car let alone someone's pride and joy

I think thats why people rave about Tony wall at sandwell field sports,becouse the guy seems genuinley interested in what he does

Regards nick

• 3 weeks later...

just watched this again, as my v-mach kit has just arrived for my .177 HW97KT :D

got that to fit, clean the barrel, and then wash & lube 4 tins of pellets!! :whistling:

then I can go do some plinking and get it bedded in and chronoed to see what its putting out. :yes:

im not going to put any washers in until its bedded in. hope it settles at about 10 - 10.5 ftlbs with its favoured pellet so it stays the right side of the law and will hopefully be very smooth and nice to shoot.

thanks again Darryl for the excellent advice in the vid :thumbs:

SKoT

• 4 years later...