Ireland Coursing Rules.

Hi Lads (and lasses),

Off to Ireland sometime this year to my nans place in Co Leitrim near Carrick, I was wondering what the rules are on coursing out their as im taking my dog but don,t want to cause any hastle. I have thousands and thousands of acres im aloud on just wanted to ask the experts and the person who has given me permission doesnt know a great deal about it all.

Many Thanks,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over here if you have permission who you gona get in trouble with the shades could no more give a f**k if your on permissive land

No hunting deer! Full stop! Rabbits hares grand but if anyone asks just say rabbits ! The gardas haven't a clue! Just be careful your not on coursing land the greyhound boys cud get a bit thick ! Now

a badger took euros off you,well thats a first lol

Hi Lads (and lasses),

Off to Ireland sometime this year to my nans place in Co Leitrim near Carrick, I was wondering what the rules are on coursing out their as im taking my dog but don,t want to cause any hastle. I have thousands and thousands of acres im aloud on just wanted to ask the experts and the person who has given me permission doesnt know a great deal about it all.

Many Thanks,

do you need someone to show you around lol :laugh: dont tell to many were your hunting and you,ll be allright.

• Like 1

Hi Lads (and lasses),

Many Thanks,

Theirs lots of game around carrick if yea know where to go as hounddog says don't tell to many people where yer going and yeal be alright

Nice. Whats the risks if i have permission? or is it different over their? sorry for all the dumb questions but before i go gunhoe and end up in a load of trouble i thought id try find out some info....although i understand people dont like to share to much information.

Whats the rules on certain quarry? Hares,Rabbits,Deer,pheasants,etc etc......is it the same as UK?

Im not implementing ill be hunting all of these because i wont it will just be rabbits but just so i know?

ur not allowed to hunt full stop out of season my friend :huh:

There is no season for rabbits ... They are classed as vermin and can be hunted all year round .....

I think what the lad is after is what are the LAWS for taking game with a dog in Ireland ... What can you and can't you legally hunt ??? ............

Leitrim is the least populated county in ireland.if your on permission you can more or less do what you want .bring your fishing rod good fishing spots.

That's not answering his question tho is it? He's asking what he can legally hunt with a dog around Leitrim...advising him that he can do 'more or less what he wants' on the strength of hardly any f****r living there is a bit ignorant to be honest...he was asking a simple question????

6 replies out of 8 allegedly generated from Ireland and not one straight or intelligent answer...pattern emerging there...and here's me thinking the stereotyping thing was a pile of shit... :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

• Like 1

Leitrim is the least populated county in ireland.if your on permission you can more or less do what you want .bring your fishing rod good fishing spots.

That's not answering his question tho is it? He's asking what he can legally hunt with a dog around Leitrim...advising him that he can do 'more or less what he wants' on the strength of hardly any f****r living there is a bit ignorant to be honest...he was asking a simple question????

6 replies out of 8 allegedly generated from Ireland and not one straight or intelligent answer...pattern emerging there...and here's me thinking the stereotyping thing was a pile of shit... :laugh::laugh::laugh: .

when in ireland do as the irish do let on your backward lol.
  • Like 2