.22 Hornet Buying Help

Hi all looking to upgrade from a .22lr which I've shot for a couple of years now to a .22 hornet, for longer range vermin and he occasional fox when lamping, plan to keep the .22lr but was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent .22 hornet under £750? Cheers for any help!

Loads of them in the right place bud, a well chosen cal too. great to 200+ fast 35gr loads, or fox whalloping 45gr . 1" @ 100yd zero & ya larfffin'

Cz Brno are superb, as well as most other reputable brands, its personal preference & feel.

If I only had 1 , it be a hornet ! :thumbs:

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/Rifles-for-sale/Gun-Search.aspx?newSearch=1

Deffo go for the cz mate,it wont let you down,I would advise you to reload for your hornet mate,it is the way to get the best out of them,factory ammo with the exeption of Hornady 35 grn vmax is pretty pedestrian, and expensive,my cz loved the Sierra 45gn sp.

I've a Ruger that hits everything I aim it at. Good solid calibre, I've shot foxes up to 125 yds, never had a need to go further out. Home loading is the way to go though recently I've been shooting with Sellier and Bellot with my Hornet on the geese and they' re spot on

Hi mate, I use a ruger 77/22 K hornet, cracking rifle & calibre, my mate has cz so seen both in action both do the job very well :victory: only advantage with the ruger is the 40gn v max can be seated longer and still fit in the rotary mag.Rabbits 200yds, fox 150 yds no problem.

LD

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.