How Much Collie In My Dog??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Naa its 2/8 collie

FFS mate get a grip - the lad had his answer in a few different permutations...and that makes them twats.....????? You've had a sense of humour failure I reckon...

does it bite .if so there to much collie in it lol

Posted Images

If I was good at maths I would of given you the answer, not like the rest of the twats on this site that got to take the piss & you wonder why hunting life is getting shit, think about it people.

Its no rocket science is it if the parents are the same whats the pup going to be whos the f--king twat lol

• Like 2

There is also the possibility that, with so much greyhound on each side , your dog could have virtually no collie in it.

With collie on each side its possible to end up with a pure collie..its just highly improbable. Nature tends towards the most probable...what you mention is more of a problem when you breed half crosses together (if youre aiming for a dog simlar to the parents) cos it can tend to swing more heavily either way. good point tho...didnt think the water needed any more mud in it when I first posted!

There is also the possibility that, with so much greyhound on each side , your dog could have virtually no collie in it.

that post is simply incorrect the dog will have 1/4 collie genes no matter what, whether

their active or not is a different matter but they are there none the less

so in theory if you did a dna test your saying a pup out of two dog with collie in the parents

could have no collie dna & to use your logic the pups could possibly turn out full collie

If I was good at maths I would of given you the answer, not like the rest of the twats on this site that got to take the piss & you wonder why hunting life is getting shit, think about it people.

Im dyslexic so I have to cut, spell check and repaste everything I type. We carn`t all be good at everything, the fact is as stated all the above are correct and the banter is what makes the site what it is, without it it would be about as interesting as a dictionary. Im very good at photo`s though :whistling:

:laugh::whistling:

so in theory if you did a dna test your saying a pup out of two dog with collie in the parents

could have no collie dna & to use your logic the pups could possibly turn out full collie

Your the one saying I'm incorrect, yet your now asking me questions , explain how genetics work and prove me wrong!

well dna programs genes so if it's got collie dna it's got collie genes but just as twins have

the same genes it don't mean they will be exactly the same in every aspect of life as not

all genes are active just as in some illnesses both parents carry the gene but are not aflicted

but their kids may be

Its so unlikely that it never happens, but every time the pup encodes a new trait as it develops there is a 50/50 chance it will take from sire or dam side of the genetics, even a pup that looked pure bred or close is always going to have a bit of the genetic make up from both, like I said nature tends towards the most probable but if you have a large enough sample group you'll always get the odd 'freak' the throws heavily one way or tuther, more so with two half bred dogs because its more probable.

Youre absolutely right, even if every gene that is active es from the greyhound or collie side exclusively (so unlikely...but possible) the other breeds genes would still be there and find their way out in future generations.

Edited by Neoleaver

well dna programs genes so if it's got collie dna it's got collie genes but just as twins have

the same genes it don't mean they will be exactly the same in every aspect of life as not

all genes are active just as in some illnesses both parents carry the gene but are not aflicted

but their kids may be

I'll take it from that, that you don't know how genes work then!

obviously more than you, what do you want me to do write a scientific paper on it ffs

as neoleavers post says after generations you can get throw backs which would be

impossible if the genes weren't there