How Much Collie In My Dog??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Naa its 2/8 collie

FFS mate get a grip - the lad had his answer in a few different permutations...and that makes them twats.....????? You've had a sense of humour failure I reckon...

does it bite .if so there to much collie in it lol

Posted Images

Just out of curiosity, my new pups parents were both 1/4 collie x 3/4 greyhound what does this make my dog coz I'm shite at maths :-/

the same as both parents :laugh: 1/4 collie 3/4 greyhound :thumbs:

If both the parents are the same proportion collie, then yours will be the same mate, thats what these feckers are getting at....all good clean banter mate, take with a pinch of salt :D

The way I always think of it mate: whenever you see it worked out as quarters, the four n the fraction represents the four grandparents of that dog....so a 1/4 collie 3/4 grey has 1 collie grandparent and 3 greyhound grandparents. so breed two of these together and you get a new generation and the pup will have 2 collie great grandparents (1x2) and 6 greyhound great grandparents (3x2) this gives 2 collies out of 8 great grandparents (when you see it worked out in eighths, think of the 8 as the 8 great ndparents) so you could say the pup is 2/8 collie which is the same amount as 1/4 if you get my drift.

• Like 1

If I was good at maths I would of given you the answer, not like the rest of the twats on this site that got to take the piss & you wonder why hunting life is getting shit, think about it people.

All the answers are correct...take a chill pill matey...it's only the t'internet :-)

• Like 2

If I was good at maths I would of given you the answer, not like the rest of the twats on this site that got to take the piss & you wonder why hunting life is getting shit, think about it people.

Im dyslexic so I have to cut, spell check and repaste everything I type. We carn`t all be good at everything, the fact is as stated all the above are correct and the banter is what makes the site what it is, without it it would be about as interesting as a dictionary. Im very good at photo`s though :whistling:

Im dyslexic so I have to cut, spell check and repaste everything I type. We carn`t all be good at everything, the fact is as stated all the above are correct and the banter is what makes the site what it is, without it it would be about as interesting as a dictionary. Im very good at photo`s though :whistling:

Now all that was a good post and again all true until those last six words :-) lol

• Like 1

You were a good scholar Neoleaver :-) ..well educated unlike us riffraff lol

dunno about that mate, being taught fractions by a practical engineer (my grandad), not some over complicated schoolteacher academic type, definately helped tho.

You were a good scholar Neoleaver :-) ..well educated unlike us riffraff lol

dunno about that mate, being taught fractions by a practical engineer (my grandad), not some over complicated schoolteacher academic type, definately helped tho.

I did an advanced statistic and design of experiments course years ago with a bloke called Dr Derek Bessel, I had to break each bit down into chunks I could understand every evening :laugh:

FFS mate get a grip - the lad had his answer in a few different permutations...and that makes them twats.....????? You've had a sense of humour failure I reckon... :yes:

• Like 3

one of my best dogs, was 3/4 grey 1/4 collie bred to a first cross, collie grey, the dog stood 26" length to go with it, he was as good a dog you ever saw behind a Hare, he had it all pace, stamina, and the brain box to go with it, No electrolytes required with that dog, I was working on the Shetland Isles at the time, the Local butcher said to me what dog have you now I asked the question, why, he said I see that dog most mornings coming down the road carrying a rabbit, he was only around 7 months old at that time, I must mention his feet was just like a proper collies tight, and round, a tight coat like a smooth collie,, ((( A proper dog for filling the freezer, and the pot,, the trouble was we took those dogs as if they were the run of the mill, But its only when you look back, and you say he was a bit Special,

• Like 1