Coursing Dogs / Saluki Dogs On Deer??

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think people need to remember if a man does his running from a motor his idea of a deer dog will be very different to someone that does it on foot

I used to have a coursing bred saluki x and by feck he could get you in trouble, he would spot them a mile away and they'd be dots on the horizon and if you didn't get to him he was gone. I remember o

We'll any you lad's haveing trouble with your Sal types breaking off hares or the dogs just becomeiong a pain in the arse for catching them reguarler! Just drop me a PM and ill take the shit off your

Posted Images

3 hours ago, fireman said:

In body yes but of shorter leg and by far the yummiest meat from any deer imo.There not much sport to be honest for a half decent lurcher on arable land  but give them a chance and there grand sport indeed. Me and a pal used to  hunt them on flood marshland where half the field was under water or any arable land was soaked and to see them skim over the water and the dog plough in and loose ground then catch up to be turned on a sixpence,well you can keep old puss :laugh:and infact we'd leave them be on that ground as the chinks were far better running :victory:..

One thing i will say apart from they got really smelly feet :bad:is they have hair that breaks off to prevent predators from getting hold and iv'e seen a few dogs stood there and swimming in a dyke choking on it while the chink bounds away,also that same hair gets everywhere and if you were say not wanting to show what you had in your motor then for god's sake use a  sack.You have been warned :yes:..:laugh:

Good read up and interesting, I've never seen one only photos bit hard to tell in photos what they're really like, would love to add it to my list as it sounds delicious. 

• Like 1