Coursing Dogs / Saluki Dogs On Deer??

Anyone got any pre ban experience of them regulary taking fallow bucks? not pricket and smaller ones the 14 stone plus bucks.

Can anybody answer this.......

Sick of hearing and reading deerdog this deerdog that.... but when faced with a question like this nobody has the answer?

I dont profess to have owned a dog of such ability. But i got out and tried. ....

• Like 3

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think people need to remember if a man does his running from a motor his idea of a deer dog will be very different to someone that does it on foot

I used to have a coursing bred saluki x and by feck he could get you in trouble, he would spot them a mile away and they'd be dots on the horizon and if you didn't get to him he was gone. I remember o

We'll any you lad's haveing trouble with your Sal types breaking off hares or the dogs just becomeiong a pain in the arse for catching them reguarler! Just drop me a PM and ill take the shit off your

Posted Images

yes i had a bitch which was killed in 2005/6 she done 2/2 on fens then a full fallow buck which chucked her all over untill she got a full grip she went on to do many more, she was saluki/greyxbullxgrey along them lines more saluki maybe best dog i ever owned

• Like 1
  • 6 years later...
On 06/05/2013 at 22:45, Rabbithunter said:

Can anybody answer this.......

Sick of hearing and reading deerdog this deerdog that.... but when faced with a question like this nobody has the answer?

I dont profess to have owned a dog of such ability. But i got out and tried. ....

Edited by benbui
On 06/05/2013 at 10:57, low plains drifter said:

Must be nice to live in an area where there is a variety of deer species to be seen,nothing but roe up here in the north east,must say though I reckon roe venison is a bit better than fallow for the cooking,what is sika like and what part of the country do you see them,I hear you have to go further down country than lincoln to see munty and cwd aswell,wish they would get their little rubbery arses up the road :laugh:

There is sika by mine a round Clitheroe / Gisburn, hot as France these days though for obvious reasons 2 many jelly heads ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, BobDown said:

There is sika by mine a round Clitheroe / Gisburn, hot as France these days though for obvious reasons 2 many jelly heads ?

Your right about the numptys making it hot and then  a wildlife officer  having a shoot up there increased it further use to do ok round there 

• Like 1

Been increase in poaching here last couple of weeks, police are on alert, 

Also not sure if poaching related but a landy disco failed to stop, the driver tried to run, shot a copper an the police dog with a catty, they done him with the tazer he had drugs in his system. Bet the dog had a chew on him. That was Wiltshire border just recently. 

• Confused 1
16 hours ago, BobDown said:

I’d say one of the main reasons for areas getting hot is people putting the names of places on open forums like this for thousands to see.

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

The average coursing dog will jack when fired regularly into stuff it’s not meant to be seeing 

some of those smaller types aren’t  strong enough for the bigger fallows . 

A good bit of weight added into it helps from what I’ve seen 

Got a coursing dog there tracked 5 species within the law. Didnt do it quite how id like a dog to though and had to tip odds in his favour with one or two things.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The average coursing dog will jack when fired regularly into stuff it’s not meant to be seeing 

some of those smaller types aren’t  strong enough for the bigger fallows . 

A good bit of weight added into it helps from what I’ve seen 

No good coursing dog will jack on deer 

a good dog is never to small 25tts good height 

Had everything bar red with a 23tts bitza

2 hours ago, C.green said:

Got a coursing dog there tracked 5 species within the law. Didnt do it quite how id like a dog to though and had to tip odds in his favour with one or two things.

What size is the dog c green. I’ve been looking down different avenues for something different to run as what I like don’t get bred much anymore. I’ve did have me name practically down for a coursing bred pup but unfortunately due to some very unlucky circumstances the breeding will not be able to happen. 

Ive got a young bitch on loan here at the moement.

28 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

You give a coursing dog enough fallows and you will spew it . 

You need good keen dogs in your kennel I’ve seen coursing dogs 27 TTS strong but windy then I’ve seen 24bitch narrow anorexic looking that would go at out until it was brown bread 
The ones that a keen and game is the ones you want that doesn’t come with size atb