out today ten minutes up the road with two terriers and a young lurcher and a useless whippet........thought i would go for a walk on the nature reserve .....bit of different terrain....i know theres plenty of rabbits about on this land but there well educated as there are alot of dog walkers use this land,......but literally falling over them......

any way its full of that prickly gorse and fern and you can see why it holds rabbits ...

got probably 1000 yards up along the lane and opposite is a big farm .....nothing to hide walking along the briars tractors going up and down .....and other traffic ....

when i seen the farmer stopped opposite on his quad looking over , any way he pulls across the road and i thought he was opening the gate ,but he jumped the fence and stormed over........!!

me "alright mate"

farmer "not really, this is nature reserve owned by national trust and your hunting rabbits"

(as the fella got closer i reckognised him and i think he reckognised me , and his tune started to change)

me "no mate im just walking the dogs"

farmer "i got so many sheep and lambs about and dont want the dogs disturbing them"

(there was no sheep on the reserve and there was alsations running around further ahead and lots of other dog walkers)

me "what have i got too keep them on a lead.?"

farmer"no just keep them under control"

(so i whistled and three of the dogs come back )

me "is that under control enough mate"

farmer "your lucky its me you seen and not the national trust lady....blah..blah"

me "ok then thanks"

after my blood started to boil and the more i thought about it the more angry i was.......... what the fook is it coming too?

if i had four gundogs that were bushing the rabbits that would of been alright......as soon as they see running dog your in for it, your automatically opposed to being up too no good.........and its true.....its like no other dog would bush rabbits......

im glad i kept it amicable as i have seen him out on the hunt,.....anyway these people had no buisness telling me what i can do on this land as any man and there dogs are allowed on it............typical farmer think they own everything,........they cant let it go they try and make things there buisness when its nothing to do with them..........i mean if the fella said look mate just watch out theres sheep over in the other fields ,....no problem thanks for letting me know....

if truth was known there proper hypocrits,......the type that would go too a lurcher and terrier show but condem them being out in the field,....branding you up too know good..........

im at the end of me tether with it all ( not that ive had much trouble from do gooders)........but your discriminated for having something on the end of the lead.......and its the exact same scenario if a black man is spotted in a white ethnic town ,.....they must be robbers or drug dealers etc etc......

well i think the next do gooder who says anything too me when i have done nothing wrong and been all above bord ,...i will knock there head off ,.......fooking bunny hugger birgade,......

have a good summer..... :thumbs:

• Like 2

out today ten minutes up the road with two terriers and a young lurcher and a useless whippet........thought i would go for a walk on the nature reserve .....bit of different terrain....i know theres plenty of rabbits about on this land but there well educated as there are alot of dog walkers use this land,......but literally falling over them......

any way its full of that prickly gorse and fern and you can see why it holds rabbits ...

got probably 1000 yards up along the lane and opposite is a big farm .....nothing to hide walking along the briars tractors going up and down .....and other traffic ....

when i seen the farmer stopped opposite on his quad looking over , any way he pulls across the road and i thought he was opening the gate ,but he jumped the fence and stormed over........!!

me "alright mate"

farmer "not really, this is nature reserve owned by national trust and your hunting rabbits"

(as the fella got closer i reckognised him and i think he reckognised me , and his tune started to change)

farmer "i got so many sheep and lambs about and dont want the dogs disturbing them"

(there was no sheep on the reserve and there was alsations running around further ahead and lots of other dog walkers)

farmer "your lucky its me you seen and not the national trust lady....blah..blah"

me "ok then thanks"

after my blood started to boil and the more i thought about it the more angry i was.......... what the fook is it coming too?

if i had four gundogs that were bushing the rabbits that would of been alright......as soon as they see running dog your in for it, your automatically opposed to being up too no good.........and its true.....its like no other dog would bush rabbits......

im glad i kept it amicable as i have seen him out on the hunt,.....anyway these people had no buisness telling me what i can do on this land as any man and there dogs are allowed on it............typical farmer think they own everything,........they cant let it go they try and make things there buisness when its nothing to do with them..........i mean if the fella said look mate just watch out theres sheep over in the other fields ,....no problem thanks for letting me know....

if truth was known there proper hypocrits,......the type that would go too a lurcher and terrier show but condem them being out in the field,....branding you up too know good..........

im at the end of me tether with it all ( not that ive had much trouble from do gooders)........but your discriminated for having something on the end of the lead.......and its the exact same scenario if a black man is spotted in a white ethnic town ,.....they must be robbers or drug dealers etc etc......

well i think the next do gooder who says anything too me when i have done nothing wrong and been all above bord ,...i will knock there head off ,.......fooking bunny hugger birgade,......

So you lied to him? :laugh:

• Like 1

They do your head in don't they - what an annoying and unnecessary thing for him to do. Some people have nothing better to do than cause hassle for people. Good on you for keeping your temper - I'm not sure many would have - me included.

as much as it boils the piss, you did exactly the right thing, huntings on the back foot in this country as we all know, best not to add fuel to anyone's fire.

i'd make a point of getting in his personal space next time you see him at the hunt, give the "good morning how are you?", kill em with kindness.

me "alright mate"

me "ok then thanks"

So you lied to him? :laugh:

its only natural for dogs to look for rabbits i honestly cant see the problem ........the problem is he seen a running dog .....if i had spaniels going in bushing the rabbits he wouldnt of battered an eye lid...............there is loads of dogs exercising on this ground ...........what was i doing to him .....? its discrimination,..........and racism,......we should be protected like our asian / indian cousins....lol

while he was screaming at you,you should have asked for some permission of him just to see his reaction :laugh:

ive done that before ,........try arguing with a farmer over what ground he owns,.....only i can do that.....lol

when one farmer says its his land you can help yourself on it ......well you take there word for it ...lol

and then another farmer follows you around and then you tell them to feck off there own land ,...it dont go down too well and then i had the cheek too ask if he wants me too sort some of the game out on it ........like i said they all think they own everything,.......but it was a classic and very embarrasssing... :laugh:

• Like 1

stereotyping is everywhere in society. same if you see a fella walking a pitbull u assume hes a thug. or if hes walking a pink poodle youd think he was gay :icon_redface: . i think the branding is most noticable with lurchers, it always has been its a mouching dog, originally bred by gypsys and poachers, unfortunately it isnt going to change anytime soon, so chuck on your rigger boots and flat cap have done with it :toast:

why does fook all happen when im out and about, its been that long since i bumped into someone when out with the dogs, never mind having a run in with someone :laugh: although me and simo did bump onto my eldeset walking up the lanes late one evening, or it could have been early morning :hmm: Pissed as a newt walking home from the town :laugh:

why does fook all happen when im out and about, its been that long since i bumped into someone when out with the dogs, never mind having a run in with someone :laugh: although me and simo did bump onto my eldeset walking up the lanes late one evening, or it could have been early morning :hmm: Pissed as a newt walking home from the town :laugh:

well you shouldn't drink and go out in the town then, should you. *tutting and shaking head - mods should know better*

well you shouldn't drink and go out in the town then, should you. *tutting and shaking head - mods should know better*

mind, thinking about it, me and walshie were once accosted by 3 men in a wood one afternoon :whistling:

mind, thinking about it, me and walshie were once accosted by 3 men in a wood one afternoon :whistling:

ok, who pretended to be Goldilocks ? :hmm: