Sfs Stage 2 Hw97Kt

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Milagajo. See what I said before? You just cannot resist being at the centre of a shit-slinging bag session can you laddie! You must see it as a personal best if you can get a thread closed and a viab

I think it's the month of PMT's. it's just that the cramps manifest a little different in some folk.   Myself, I just get tummy ache and the shits.   But I try and make an effort to stem the flo

Well here it is! My new SFS stage 2 tuned HW97kt fitted with a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO IR scope. I have been testing pellets and taking chronograph readings most of today; Accupell are the tigh

...Still waiting for Sandwell Field Sports to complete my stage 2 tuning kit with the new Piston head from Weihrauch, Gerrmany and send it here for my HW97KT to be finished by AndyFR1968....

Only been on order since early February...Seems you can get a rifle tuned in no time but doing it yourself with the same kit takes forever....

.I feel legal consultation and solicitors' letters coming on.....

Pissed off Pianoman

• Like 1

I've been wondering what was going on, Simon. It's been sat in the corner of my living room for so long that I'd stopped noticing it :laugh::blink:

Edit to add... Are we out this weekend?

Edited by andyfr1968
  • Like 1

Yes Andy I'd love a shoot with you; and Oscar too if he's around!

I'll be bringing my HW77 and FAC HW80.

You can show me my HW97 to remind me what it bloody well looks like!

Cheers pal.

Simon.

Yes Andy I'd love a shoot with you; and Oscar too if he's around!

I'll be bringing my HW77 and FAC HW80.

You can show me my HW97 to remind me what it bloody well looks like!

Cheers pal.

Simon.

Your 97's now decayed into a pile of rust and sawdust, it's been so long!! :laugh::D

Sunday or Monday's best for me, if that suits you? Paul may be along too with his lad. Your place or mine?? :victory::laugh:

• Like 1

Simon

Before you start slating SFS, give tony a ring!

If he see's that you are slating and posting about legal action,I very much doubt you will ever get your parts!

Be patient and play nicely! Lol

Hi Steve,

Glad that you finally got time to try out the newly tuned 97.

I told you the wait would be worth it buddy.

What results you are seeing now are only a fraction of what you will see once 1000 pellets have gone through the barrel mate.

They do take a bit of shooting to bed them in but once bedded in they are something special. The barrel and rifle are always accurate but your results will improve due to reduced recoil and a very smooth firing cycle which in turn assists you shooting more accurately.

What my suggestion is to you Steve is shoot 1000 to 1500 pellets through the barrel with a pellet you like. Once you have done that if the chrono reading is more than 11.2 FPE let me know and I can arrange for you to have it lowered to between 10 and 11 FPE there and then for you by Davy who as just over the past 4 weeks done my 97, Spectre and 98 and was shown in person by John at SFS how to do it. I would then film for our channel.

The difference it makes is quite staggering if im honest and Davy does a brilliant job I can tell you.

The offer is there mate.

Si.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Glad that you finally got time to try out the newly tuned 97.

I told you the wait would be worth it buddy.

What results you are seeing now are only a fraction of what you will see once 1000 pellets have gone through the barrel mate.

They do take a bit of shooting to bed them in but once bedded in they are something special. The barrel and rifle are always accurate but your results will improve due to reduced recoil and a very smooth firing cycle which in turn assists you shooting more accurately.

What my suggestion is to you Steve is shoot 1000 to 1500 pellets through the barrel with a pellet you like. Once you have done that if the chrono reading is more than 11.2 FPE let me know and I can arrange for you to have it lowered to between 10 and 11 FPE there and then for you by Davy who as just over the past 4 weeks done my 97, Spectre and 98 and was shown in person by John at SFS how to do it. I would then film for our channel.

The difference it makes is quite staggering if im honest and Davy does a brilliant job I can tell you.

The offer is there mate.

Si.

Thanks for the offer Si, I can see me taking you up on that! I’ve only put a couple of hundred pellets through and the power has already crept up to an average 11.09ftlb; with 7.9g Accupells.

It’s very strange, I read somewhere heavier pellets in springers produced less ftlb than a lighter pellet; unlike PCP’s that have the opposite effect. Both 7.9g Accupells and 8.4g Air Arm Field on average have similar chrono measurements of just under 800ft/s.

As for the accuracy, I didn’t think I was proficient enough to produce the very tight groups I’m achieving with it, they’re equal to, perhaps even better than my HW100.

On a lighter note; we’re looking forward to next Saturday. I might even come as Mr Plod, and frighten everyone away. :laugh: :laugh:

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

nice rifle £145 seems a good deal ! but what the hell is a "sixpence" ha ha

Sorry, my age is showing now, I'm talking old money!

Regards, Steve

ha ha i know it i am old just messin lovely rifle though

• Like 1