Sfs Stage 2 Hw97Kt

Well here it is! My new SFS stage 2 tuned HW97kt fitted with a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO IR scope.

I have been testing pellets and taking chronograph readings most of today; Accupell are the tightest group of the seven brands I have tried. They are consistently grouping easily within a six penny piece at 30m. AA Field & JSB 4.52 Exact were very close runners up; with AA Field producing the highest chrono reading of 11.44lbft. Surprisingly, Daystate LI produced the worst group of all, 30mm centres apart on the worst.

I didn’t clean the barrel after a different change of pellet; I took five off target shots and five on target shots each pellet change before chrono readings and group test shots.

My Combro chronograph performed adequately at best; I did have several bad readings and had to re-align it to get back on course. I also found it tedious writing down the results after each shot and pressing the reset button before the next shot. I think it’s time for me to buy a F1 chronograph!

Regards, Steve

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Milagajo. See what I said before? You just cannot resist being at the centre of a shit-slinging bag session can you laddie! You must see it as a personal best if you can get a thread closed and a viab

I think it's the month of PMT's. it's just that the cramps manifest a little different in some folk.   Myself, I just get tummy ache and the shits.   But I try and make an effort to stem the flo

Well here it is! My new SFS stage 2 tuned HW97kt fitted with a Hawke Panorama EV 4-12x40 AO IR scope. I have been testing pellets and taking chronograph readings most of today; Accupell are the tigh

Lovely mate, looks just like mine. Funny you should say accupells performed the best as I found that out the other night at the range! I was putting 5 pellets through the same hole after leading the barrel. Ordered two tins just waiting for them to be delivered. Keep an eye on the power Steve as once she beds she will probably be well above the legal limit.

Bet your well chuffed with the results!

Phil

Great looking rifle mate. When you going out to blood it?

I'm still setting it up and getting used to it at the moment. Once I feel confident using it in the field, I'll probably use it in a hide to start with.

Regards, Steve

Lovely mate, looks just like mine. Funny you should say accupells performed the best as I found that out the other night at the range! I was putting 5 pellets through the same hole after leading the barrel. Ordered two tins just waiting for them to be delivered. Keep an eye on the power Steve as once she beds she will probably be well above the legal limit.

Phil

Hi Phil,

The chrono reading for 7.9g Accupells averaged 10.25ftlb, but the8.4g AA Field produced a rather high reading averaging 11.36ftlb; quite a big difference for only a small difference in weight. I hope to get a F1 chrono soon to produce more accurate results. How many pellets did you have to put through before it settled down?

Regards, Steve

Phil

Hi Phil,

The chrono reading for 7.9g Accupells averaged 10.25ftlb, but the8.4g AA Field produced a rather high reading averaging 11.36ftlb; quite a big difference for only a small difference in weight. I hope to get a F1 chrono soon to produce more accurate results. How many pellets did you have to put through before it settled down?

Regards, Steve

Hi mate,

I think its gobbled up a tin of pellets now but still settling. I think really a few tins of pellets should see it settle. My 97 was pushing 10.5 ft/lb with AA fields so just waiting for my accupells to turn up so I can try them through the chrono.

Phil

In all honesty I can’t answer your question fully because I sent it to SFS only a couple of days after I had bought it from new. Previous to SFS having it, I had only put a very few pellets through and hadn’t got the feel of it. The only thing I can compare the tuned .177 97kt with is my .22 TX200HC; the HW97 is a little smoother and far more accurate than the TX200; it is also producing consistent very tight groups at 31m (my preferred zero) with 7.9g Accupells.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1