Dandelion And Canaries

Hello all,

I have got a pair of canaries that I have been giving small pieces of Dandelion to. They seem very fond of it. Do I need to keep them limited to two thumb sized pieces or can I give them more without trouble.

• Like 1

persicarius coltsfoot and theres lots the thing is with wild food ,when using oit use it sparingly dandelions come in2 bursts , birds can become accustomed to using just those , tthen be looking for it when they not there ESPECIALLY CANARIES . whith chicks .good advice here fellas . atb bunnys,

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

We keep a few pairs of fife canaries and whenever they have chicks in the nest they always seem to thrive if we can get dandelions for the parents when they are feeding them. We collect them just before they open up and then cut the head of them to reveal a little cup full of seeds. The canaries just love them and on occasions the odd one would take them from your hand.

• Like 1

I get through a full carrier bag full every other day,i have found some like them trimmed and some like the canaries don't care how they come but those with cages be warned you will fluff out your cages and bird room if you don't trim them.

I trim down mine(well most of the time)and when i pick them i'll leave a bit of stalk on and they go into the bag laying the same way so when it comes to picking them to trim there all the same way and you can snip at just one of your handfull,it saves so much time like this :yes:.