New And Need Advice

Thanks guys for all the replies, i was not quite expecting to log in to find so many people have commented so it is much appreciated.

I am in no rush to be shooting bunnys or anything else for that matter, i do like to know exactly what i am doing before i take the next step up, so i have no issue in going for spring and the progress accordingly. the way i see it is were all looking to shoot rabbits and other game, so the least we can do is to actually know how to shoot straight and put them down without any suffering. It doesnt always go to plan but when your ability is high then your not going to be taking pot shots and and hoping for the best.

I have been speaking to a couple of people that are local to me, that is a surprise to me as i couldnt find anyone in my area then 2 came along at once, a bit like our busses. and have information on a couple gun shops and a club. so may accidently take a wrong turn while doing the weekly shopping with the other half and accidently pull into there car park for a look.

again thanks for the advice, i will be taking my time and not rushing. I will certainly be looking to go out a few times with others for experience and to learn the ropes.

• Like 1

we still need to know a budget for just the rifle

Id probably be lookin at a MAX budget of £500 ish.

Hi mate,

I would say a Weihrauch HW95K in .177 would serve your purpose very well with a Hawke 3 - 9 x 40 scope with mildot reticule.

This rifle would handle all the vermin shooting you could throw at it.

Dark clothing will work just as good but I do think camo gear gives you an edge, thought you would have agreed Ben, especially with the profile pic, nice shooter, that in ganners I take it ?

Ha yeah a few years ago now before it became one big TV documentary i agree cammo dose give you the edge and probably makes a big difference , but i love being out of it now haha and the fact that the HW97 is in a nickel finish ;) Atb

Camo? Want something shower proof, stops your odour going down range and upsetting the rabbits? Want something where if you do rip it on a fence you won't be crying about £100s shredded on the barbed wire?

NBC Camo suits!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-LARGE-NBC-Army-Surplus-Camo-Suits-Jacket-Trousers-/270669094228?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Sports_Clothing_LE&hash=item3f05229d54

£36 for 6 suits, remove the liner from a couple and hey presto, summer camo! Keep the lining in 2 suits, use the rest of the year. 1 suits spare in case you rip something! It works, I wear it!

DSC00256.jpg

Seems to work with the bunnies!

DSC00172_zps1039381e.jpg

I stalked over 35 metres in plain view of a bunny whilst I was wearing the NBC last night! Got the bunny too!