• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not a world beater but she does whats asked of her  

racing is not testing a dog nigel was on about hunting and thats the way i work my dogs so its up to him simple

This post has nothing to do with the NILRC this is a personal post I have asked to put up on behalf of my brother. You come on this forum and you bully and banter people who run or attend shows. You

Posted Images

nigel we'll test are dogs on fox no problem ill put the land on if you want lamping them or cover work i can sort it and if needed ill take a terrier and dig them. so you can pm me under your own user name and no one else's and one of the dogs you have now will do and i wont be wasting my time replying to anyone else.

Danny, you were mouthing on here about dogs running after plastic bags, not hunting. You back tracking now Danny, its racing we are talking about here, hunting is for the winter months. Nigel as far as I understand wants to race your dogs.if you have any at all from what I hear.

what the f**k is it to do with you ,its between danny and nigel
  • Like 5

So is tihis challange going to take place king lurcher & Danny? is the person who does not take up the challange going to forfit the money?

king lurcher pass this back to nigel i have had no pm so as far as im concerned this matter is put to bed. happy hunting

firstly bowersey this is not my challenge it is my brothers i was only asked to put it up as he does not have a computor.

secondly there will be no forfitting on nigels part as the challenge still stands as far as he is concerned. furthermore this is between nigel and danny, it is not about whos got support on here or anywhere else...cos when it goes ahead it will be just the two of them...its easy for others to say you can do this and that but unless its ur £500 on the line its got nothing to do with you.

now to danny i will see nigel tomorrow...as it stands the matter is far from bed...there will be no pms as you lot are trying to discredit the nilrc quite openly on here so why keep this private...if you want to speak to nigel send me a contact number and i'll give it to him (this you can pm) anything else can be said here.

finally...to all reading...this challenge has nothing to do with me and i am king lurcher...not nigel thank you

Ian greer (not nigel)

Ill say yet again racing breed dogs aren't breed to work there breed for pace to run in competations. still don't know weather it's on working ability as your brother stated in would happen in the fields? So Ian is it a race or on the dogs working ability in the fields on live game

Edited by GRAHAM_2009
  • Like 2

Ill say yet again racing breed dogs aren't breed to work there breed for pace to run in competations. still don't know weather it's on working ability as your brother stated in would happen in the fields? So Ian is it a race or on the dogs working ability in the fields on live game

yes it stated in the field...nigels dog is very capable of racing and hunting after all it is a lurcher. but yes when he said in the field he meant by coursing hare or rabbit by day or night though fox was never mentioned as this does not show speed or ability it only shows hardness and hardness was never what this was all about. they come on here and say that the lurchers at the shows can only run after a plastic bag. this is being very disrespectful to the lurcher men as i know alot of them that hunt with there dogs but also put them in for the races. At the end of the day what you do with your dog is your own business and no one has the right to come on here or any other forum and run you down for it. after all if the dog is well looked after and cared for isnt that all that matters. I would like to just point out at the' field of dreams' 70 percent of all the dogs racing where hunting lurchers not race breed dogs.

• Like 1

I personally think this is a disgrace that danny 300 has been subject to abuse and a challenge about a post he put up about his personal thoughts and from others that have sat back and used him as the front man to say it on here. In no way was he out to criticise the NILRC , but to ask about the way rules stand on every show or racing under the NILRC as far as hosts of shows stand for racing .As it stands the host of a show /racing event is not eligible to take part in their own event. Off course this excludes the showing!!!! The query was ..if the host of the event asked members of the NILRC to run the racing for them. NILRC members can run their dogs at any event .can the host of an event run their own dogs.i would like this issue cleared with an answer with out personal abuse to this man. kieran sarsfield

• Like 5

KF by the same token I am sure that Danny would have ment foxs in the field, as thats what he does as every well knows, my own opinion on this matter is that the man asked a simple question and went so far as to wish them well in the event as clearly stated in his post, glad its put to bed now. Best of luck to the NIRLC in the future.

Edited by Irish Lurcher
Guest thebigdog

yes it stated in the field...nigels dog is very capable of racing and hunting after all it is a lurcher. but yes when he said in the field he meant by coursing hare or rabbit by day or night though fox was never mentioned as this does not show speed or ability it only shows hardness and hardness was never what this was all about. they come on here and say that the lurchers at the shows can only run after a plastic bag. this is being very disrespectful to the lurcher men as i know alot of them that hunt with there dogs but also put them in for the races. At the end of the day what you do with your dog is your own business and no one has the right to come on here or any other forum and run you down for it. after all if the dog is well looked after and cared for isnt that all that matters. I would like to just point out at the' field of dreams' 70 percent of all the dogs racing where hunting lurchers not race breed dogs.

not run many foxes, have ye boy. :laugh:

• Like 4

Exactly they havent got a blue clue to much into there racing shite to do a proper day in the fields. If your going to put 500 pound on line at least be confident that your dog is upto hunting legal quarry which fox is but by sounds of it nigel your dogs aint and you say rabbits and hares day or night come on. big boys and girls with all these dogs that can run fast round track and talking about lamping a hare atnight Iam sure people's laffing at you hares on lamp disgrace

• Like 2

I personally think this is a disgrace that danny 300 has been subject to abuse and a challenge about a post he put up about his personal thoughts and from others that have sat back and used him as the front man to say it on here. In no way was he out to criticise the NILRC , but to ask about the way rules stand on every show or racing under the NILRC as far as hosts of shows stand for racing .As it stands the host of a show /racing event is not eligible to take part in their own event. Off course this excludes the showing!!!! The query was ..if the host of the event asked members of the NILRC to run the racing for them. NILRC members can run their dogs at any event .can the host of an event run their own dogs.i would like this issue cleared with an answer with out personal abuse to this man. kieran sarsfield

Kieran,

Similar thoughts it would appear to my own. My own feeling is that the host(s) of the event and/or the NILRC people who are giving up their time to run the event - often for a charity - should be allowed to run their dogs. The Rosscrea lads at Birr sportingly asked the question and I said of course they could BUT obviously showing is not a good idea because no matter how fair the judges are this could inevitably lead to claims of favouritism. I have run at our own fair and in the top gundog competition but I pre qualified 3rd out of 57 dogs to do so and was rubbish in the final because I was trying to do too many things at once. I have also run third, twice, in a more minor event at the fair to help make up the numbers - but donated my cash prize back to the charity. My participation in these competitions was welcomed by the other handlers.

Now I don't know Nigel very well but from what I know about him he is passionate about his dogs and it is good to see him and his brother Ian back in lurchers. I have known Ian for many years and although we have had our ups and downs I consider he is a man of integrity. That is why the guys are judging at Birr. I have debated on this forum with Danny and although we had robust discussions he appears to also be fair minded and the discussions never got really personal.

The two guys obviously take a different approach to working their dogs but that difference should be respected. I am sorry that this discussion has brought up the old 'plastic bag' insult. At a time when real battles are being fought with animal rights organisations, behind the scenes, arguments about live quarry are not the way to go.

I am all for sporting challenges and we had one three years ago between a spaniel handler who threw down the gauntlet that he could beat any labrador - We ran it off in public on the gundog course at Shanes at lunchtime at the fair. I picked the labrador handler who in a tight contest just pipped the spaniel. Each guy picked up a nice crystal trophy and honour was satisfied. It was a fun event. This year this has been turned into the competition for the 'Top Dog' at the fair with the two top labs meeting the two top spaniels - to win a dog trailer worth £2,000 and the best opposite breed will win a pair of Dubarry boots. Keith McLouglin from KM Engineering loved the idea of this challenge and worked with me to put up the prize.

In this current challenge Nigel threw down the gauntlet and Danny sportingly picked it up but now there is an argument on how it is to be run. In my opinion the man who threw down the challenge has the right to also say how it should be run. BUT can I make a suggestion to resolve this challenge in a fun way that everyone can enjoy and both guys can demonstrate that the argument is settled. Let's have it on the lurcher course at Shanes for a purse of £50 to the winner which I will put up plus a couple of challenge trophies - Danny to pick the distance.

Edited by AlbertJ