Saluki Whippet Greyhound

never seen one work, so lot of you will know better than me,

but would imagine to be a better cross for smaller fields.

interesting to see what you think.

Sounds about right to me,always liked the look of whippet greyhound's for the smaller land,but think if you add maybe 1/4 saluki blood you could improve with stronger feet,recovery rate,and allround durability,saw one years ago,think it might have been a decent little bitch in the right hands,but she had been on the carousel,as is too often the case

not my kind of lurcher, but Id expect a dog of this breeding to catch well. Just have to be very patient and dont expect too much in terms of obedience, retrieving etc. Not impossible to train, some have managed it, but this is more of a 'sporting' courser than a mooching/bushing/ferreting type...some may disagree, like I said some people do click with these types but I'd suggest that those who've had success usually have a few trained dogs behind them. What you looking to do with the dog? Will it be your first running dog?

Got a saluki whippet bitch 22tts 32lbs running weight, fast as hell,and has a bit more in the tank than some of the whippets ive owned, surprised there arent more of them about, dont think you would gain much by putting to a larger whipgrey but its a cross that well worth considering. Mine works well to ferrets, on the lamp and general mooching and more intelligent than people think.YIS KIC.

Edited by keepitcovert

I have one at the min only 8 months old.

Obedience training do very well, sit stay, down jump etc can't fault him. But can't get him to retrive 100% yet but am keeping at it so hopefully fingers crossed.

Not to see the speed on him yet he has caught rabbits from cover. Hopefully should excel on the lamp come september.

Sire was saluki bull whippet x grey whippet

Dam was saluki grey x whippet

I run reguly with a bitch of this breeding shes about 23tts but with a nice build. Arse grabber on fox but ok on hares and rabbits. We have had her out ferreting in the morning then had her out retrieving hares then back out on the lamp. When conditioned properly they can be handy.