Hi all ,

The local farmer called round for a chat the other night to tell me that a few ducks had started to nest and lay eggs on the stream behind my house so i thought to myself, "lets give these ducks a good chance" , as ducks are a rare sight around here.

So friday evening i went out with the rimmie to get myself some bait , a nice buck rabbit did the job. I then went and got my live catch and set in on a nice enclosed part of the stream where there was a track going through. So baited up and covered in rushes i went about and managed two magpies ( we have a lot of these around this year).

Got up at 9 this morning and went to check the trap and i was greeted by the spine-tingling cry of the mink. A big dog mink had taken the bait and was dispatched quickly using the .22 rimfire.

So all going well i will keep you all updated on the progress of the ducks. I have undertaken this as sort of a conservation project for the area so i hope the work pays off.

atb

Mylesminkshot.jpg

• Like 4

Well done Myles the only good thing about Mink is a dead one.. :yes::victory: ..but fook me that's some size.. :icon_eek: ..i thought it was an otter when i first seen it..

it was bloody massive mate ! it's neck was so thick i couldn't get my hand fully around it haha

Hi all ,

The local farmer called round for a chat the other night to tell me that a few ducks had started to nest and lay eggs on the stream behind my house so i thought to myself, "lets give these ducks a good chance" , as ducks are a rare sight around here.

So friday evening i went out with the rimmie to get myself some bait , a nice buck rabbit did the job. I then went and got my live catch and set in on a nice enclosed part of the stream where there was a track going through. So baited up and covered in rushes i went about and managed two magpies ( we have a lot of these around this year).

Got up at 9 this morning and went to check the trap and i was greeted by the spine-tingling cry of the mink. A big dog mink had taken the bait and was dispatched quickly using the .22 rimfire.

So all going well i will keep you all updated on the progress of the ducks. I have undertaken this as sort of a conservation project for the area so i hope the work pays off.

atb

Myleshttp://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o59

3/mylesaspil/minkshot.jpg

[/quote

]looks like choc colour good size to .where theres 1 usualy more wel done

fook me, thats huge :icon_eek: lol fair play, better to see ducks doing well than the mink doing well, your not just helping the ducks , your helping all the other wildlife this time of year especailly :thumbs: weldone mate, atb on the rest of them , foxtails :thumbs: