Salukis Are Like Marmite.

Same old Jeremy kyle show( Dan, Jeremy Kyle is the UK's answer to Jerry Springer).

Just answer the f***ing question in the initial post. Hard facts, information is what I requested about the breed. Particularly temperament, recall and anything else of relevance.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

salukis have been around for approx 6,000 years , so they stood the test of time as a hunting dog and companion. if you think you cant handle one leave it to those who can .. ..saves alot of gr

almura saluki ,saudi arabia

the so called stupidity can and often is , mistaken for high intelegance, . grossly misunderstood by alot of folk ..challanging , conflict of wills .certainly not for the inpatient

Posted Images

almura saluki ,saudi arabia

If the background of the photo was open fen land you'd think this was a UK/Ireland bred coursing hybrid, not a feather in sight.

since when did salukis have to be feathered please enlighten us ?

Didnt say they did have to be bud....read it thru and I wasnt that clear. What I mean is the 'real mcoy' saluki shown in this pic is a fit strong game bred coursing type not too different than the better Uk bred hybrids and a long way from the feathered showy type most people think of when you talk about saluki. Y'know the cow hocked ones that run like a pissed up bambi on roller skates.

:laugh::laugh: do you have any pictures of the cow hocked bambi things ;)

Just watch the hound group next time crufts is on the telly, specially when the commentators starts with the 'heart of a lion speed of a gazelle' bullshit :D

Same old Jeremy kyle show( Dan, Jeremy Kyle is the UK's answer to Jerry Springer).

Just answer the f*****g question in the initial post. Hard facts, information is what I requested about the breed. Particularly temperament, recall and anything else of relevance.

They divide opinion so much for the same reason all breeds of dogs do. There are folks that are breed blind and full of shit and then there are folks that dont care about what breed it is. Some of them are full of shit too. There are also folks that are breed supporters but will tell the honest to goodness truth. There is your answer to your question.

• Like 1

Just answer the f*****g question in the initial post. Hard facts, information is what I requested about the breed. Particularly temperament, recall and anything else of relevance.

salukis dont have a undercoat they only have single leyer coats .. hope that helps :laugh:

Got to have saluki in my dogs its a must.The advantages much out way the disadvantages in my opinion.The right saluki in your breeding makes outstanding dogs 6,000 yrs can't lie. Saluki's & saluki crosses can do it all & that's a fact! :yes:

• Like 1

Sorry Jukel, went off on a tangent there mate. My experience with em is the nightmare of a time my mate/neighbour had with his sal/grey. The bitch was quick and caught well, but was hard work, crying and howling all night everynight, acted like it was deaf, sulked, pissed everywhere whenever it got indoors and could not be housebroken (by him anyway), to top it all off she killed two ferrets in the field, and damn near killed a little schauzer it met in the park, playing one minute, blood all over the next. I'd say she was a particularly bad example of the breed tho, some people do just seem to 'click' with em.

salukis dont have a undercoat they only have single leyer coats .. hope that helps :laugh: thats a fact!! ;)

i got 1 here mate that can be a right nasty piece of work with other dogs and people she is a fantastic gaurd dog though if you can get her out the kennel without me being with you ill give her to you well wont really but you know what i mean she is evil with strangers but great with all my family and can let her out with the grandkids and she will retrive a ball all day for them they either like you or they dont imo and if they like you i dont think you would find a more loyal and loving dog it takes a long long time to build a bond with a saluki thats why so many get passed on you have to have a lot of patients with this breed they dont just take to you like say an old collie x would you have to build a friendship and most of all trust then they will work there heart out for you and protect you like no other hope this helps im no expert mate but own 3 pures and 3 saluki xs so know a bit atb pp edited to add picture

post-37701-0-62912600-1366926276_thumb.jpg

Edited by the pikey poacher
  • Like 3

I know nothing of salukis and have been told that some lack of brains and can be dumb and heard if people being put off the breed and saliki x's because of this, but on the other hand I hav seen some collie x's that are daft as brushes and not the cleverest I like the thought of a little saluki in a cross although I don't own one, but my next pup I think I'm going to go for that little bit of saluki

I know nothing of salukis and have been told that some lack of brains and can be dumb and heard if people being put off the breed and saliki x's because of this, but on the other hand I hav seen some collie x's that are daft as brushes and not the cleverest I like the thought of a little saluki in a cross although I don't own one, but my next pup I think I'm going to go for that little bit of saluki

the so called stupidity can and often is , mistaken for high intelegance, . grossly misunderstood by alot of folk ..challanging , conflict of wills .certainly not for the inpatient ;)

• Like 7

the so called stupidity can and often is , mistaken for high intelegance, . grossly misunderstood by alot of folk ..challanging , conflict of wills .certainly not for the inpatient ;)

The same with People :laugh:

riohog your obviously a big fan and have knowledge of saluki but you dont seem breed blind :thumbs:

ive had running dogs for 40 years + mainly collie x,s till the early 80,s i came across a salx i was hooked !!. my last collie cross died a month ago she was 16 years old maybe it will be the last collie cross i have ,i never sell dogs ever they stay with me till they curl there toes up . i like the full salukis alot .. would i recomend everone gets one hell NO infact i might even put folk off them on purpose ;)

• Like 3

The same with People :laugh:

not true mate .some people are just fkn THICK :laugh::laugh:

• Like 3