Any One Had This Before With Moles

I have been trapping moles on a small scale for about 5 years and normally do well and started 2 new job last week with new traps tramplex traps on one site set 10 tramplex traps caught 5 in the 5 that went off and no signs of any more moles for now. on the other site set 20 tramplex 10 barrel 8 scissor only the tramplex are new I have been and checked the traps everyday and not one has gone off, none of the barrel or scissor traps have been back filled there seems to be movement around the trapping area with hills still appearing and some of them running on the trap line , am i being robbed by the client who is maybe taking them out and re setting them as i charge per mole I hope not as he is a neighbour but i am really running out of ideas on what i could be doing wrong. I have set them with and without gloves.

I have been trapping moles on a small scale for about 5 years and normally do well and started 2 new job last week with new traps tramplex traps on one site set 10 tramplex traps caught 5 in the 5 that went off and no signs of any more moles for now. on the other site set 20 tramplex 10 barrel 8 scissor only the tramplex are new I have been and checked the traps everyday and not one has gone off, none of the barrel or scissor traps have been back filled there seems to be movement around the trapping area with hills still appearing and some of them running on the trap line , am i being robbed by the client who is maybe taking them out and re setting them as i charge per mole I hope not as he is a neighbour but i am really running out of ideas on what i could be doing wrong. I have set them with and without gloves.

Well theres a thought, the customer up to some dirty tricks.Its sadly, not unheard of.I once turned up for a farmer to set some traps, only he failed to tell me, he had someone round with strychnine, 3 or 4 days before ! Moles can also vacate certain parts of the territory, and there could be a few reasons for this.I sometimes get it round about this time of year,on some lawns in particular, round some grand country pad.You can usually tell with an area,before you put traps in.Some places have alot of " rhodie bushes" this may make the soil more acidic,and therefore a low worm count.............

• Like 1

Play the fecker at his own game. Freeze any you catch elsewhere and take them out of the freezer the night before. Take them with you when you check the traps. If you suspect the traps have been fiddled with, take a few out of your pocket! Bingo

The fact that things ain't going to plan,..does not always signify that traps are being interfered with... :hmm:

Personaly,..I can tell immediately if any of my tools have been tampered with,..however,..perhaps it might be wise to spread the fine soil from the tumps,..in a wide circle,..all around your set traps....

Then,..unless a fiddler can fecking levitate,..you will see definite signs, that he has been mouching around :thumbs:

• Like 3