My Handmade English Warbow/longbow

What material have you used as a drawcord? Do you intend on using feathered fletching? Nice bow!

I use darcon B-40 but i hope to make some fastflight material as it shouldn't stretch when i'm using it, i have bought a few feathered arrows which have a 60lb spine, i hope to make some arrows after.

Yes fastflight is good stuff...and it's tough too. If i were you i would add a small 'something' for the nock to sit against, then you can get consistant arrow flight. Archery is all about consistancy.

Like a bead so the arrows sits in the same place ever time, must do that thanks,

Yes mate, but it must be crimped tight to stop movement. Glue will only hold it for so long imo...you're best off buying a specially made one from the USA, they're cheap and essential. Also have you thought about some type of arrow 'rest' where your hand is going to go? That arrow needs to sit on the same level shot-on-shot for you to get accurate...

I'm not sure on the arrow rest, i have see alot of warbows with no arrow rest i don't know why but i just have a pen mark on the stave so i can hold the arrow to the pen line,

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am impressed I have always wanted to make a bow but never really had the time, how long did it take you?

A few days, over one weekwnd i had the bow completed and ready for varnish

• 4 weeks later...