what would be the best sporter or varmint? stainless or blued does it make a difference, and what difference does the twist rate make? 1 in 8 or 1 in 9? it would be for foxing

Am i right in thinking that the 1 in 9 is for lighter bullets and the 1 in 8 twist for heavier rounds over 55 grain?

To be honest I dont think you would notice the difference between the two but yes the quicker the twist rate the heavier the bullet, I use a 1.12 and I cant use anything heavier than 55g but thats all I need. The balistics of flight that are controlled by bullet rotation are of no real importance to you and I when in the field shooting foxes, so dont get hung up over 1.8 or 1.9

best quality for your cash in my opinion is the tikka and they come in different twist rates wish i had of save bit more myself and got one instead of my howa but don't get me wrong the how is great accurate cheap solid.

Its all down to personal preference & apart from a fancy stock & designer name there all on par.. if a stainless shiny barrel does it, why not ? if a fancy coloured stock floats the boat go for it, what ever makes you feel confident & happy on the sport. That's what its all about, & it will make you day out in the field more satisfactory & hopefully rewarding. :thumbs:

For the most of us the name on the gun makes no odds its about what you can afford.

Any of the guns readily available off the shelf will outshoot their owners.

Personally the scope you get is far more important, if you cant see your target no matter what gun you chose you wont hit it!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...