Phantom Pregnancy

my bitch has been lined but she has had no pups if the stud was no good would she go all the way to nine weeks with her phantom pregnancy she has milk in her teets and has put on wait i havent seen any disgharge she was lined nine weeks past sunday any help would be great full thanks mark

From about 4 weeks - some do it earlier ( maybe 3 weeks ) but the risk of false negative ( ie you don't see anything, so you assume not pregnant, when you just missed seeing the sacs ) is quite high. I usually listen at 5 weeks for heartbeats.

When you say she has put on weight, do you mean all over weight, or just her belly? She should have had pups by now, and unless she only has one or two pups inside her you'd be able to see them moving. Unless they are dead. Difficult to give advice without seeing the bitch in the flesh. Get her scanned to be on the safe side.

When you are sure there are no pups, expect the milk to disappear within a few weeks, but you can give a bitch homeopathic tablets Urtica Urens 3c http://www.dorwest.com/Products/URN3C/urtica-urens-3c-three-100-pillules which will help dry her up much more safely than something like Galastop which can make a bitch quite ill: scouring and dehydrating in some cases.