New Scorpion Help, Fps & Ftlbs.

i know its a springer, and there different to pcps, but my 97kt is doing

jsb exact .. 11.4-11.5

daystate Li .. 10.4-11.05

h&n FTT 11.1 - 11.8

bisley magnum 10.2 - 10.5

even 1 fps can be upto .04 of a ft lb depending on pellet used.

e.g. jsb exact 8.44gr ........ 782 fps = 11.40 ftlb , ....... , 783 fps = 11.44 ftlb

consistency is important at keeping your rifle legal... as you can see above mines quite allover the shop with the h&n and Li's so its doing nearly a full 1 ftlb difference shot to shot :blink:

i'd be using the jsb exacts i think..

a watched a chap at a range with one of the tune kits in his springer, fine tuning with shims, he was getting strings of several shots at the same feet per sec then it changes by 3 or 4 feet per sec for a similar amount of shots and then back again.. good pellet match.(the inerds were probably 'settling in..can be as simple as not enough or too much or just the rong grease, another is uneven grease coatings..bad piston cap..etc etc then each shot the inerds fractionaly change the next shot).

most pcp's go the other way with pellet weights i think, mine does. (heavey pellets get more fp's than lighter pellets).

edit... its why you 'tune to a pellet' to get the best, changing pellets generally means piddling about with the power for anything up to 1/2 a foot pound eather way do get the best shot to shot varience, then from there you pop on chairgun to tweek your zero. (its a pain int ass with some springers lol)

bare in mind though, you have to have a heavey end pellet/light end pellet to check your gun isnt capeable of exseeding 12fps..e.g. 11.8fp's is disey because if a change in pellet weight in the tin can put your gun over..so your tuning is subjective to what you can do.

10.4 foot pounds at a 1 fps varience is way better than 11.5 with 5 fps varience, just for the accuracy lol, then its worth a weigh the pellets too.

i think a lot of peeps are actualy hotter than they think, the groups shown often resemble pellet varience, shot to shot varience, or bad barrel match's..a 2 inch gruop happeningthat could be cut down to 1/2 groups if all the gun bitsare right..posably one holers.

with out being smarmy or out, its why peeps 'dont actualy know'..they never had a grouping to start with so never exspanded distance wise etc.

Edited by ghillies