From Hmr To .223, Help!

the trying to reclassify centerfires at this current time, one of The statements mentioned was the .223 .22-250 .204 well all the ammo that goes over 3000fps well be in a higher band just because of the projectiles speed.

so what im trying to say/askis it will probably be harder to get one of the 3000+ fps calipers

Can you elabotare, what is that about please?

Who is trying to reclassify centrefires for what reason and with what legal powers?

Cheers

fire arm legislation have meeting with various shooting organisations such as basc and other higher authorities to try and simplify licensing and one of the things mention was the +3000 rounds to be put in one category. so im guessing if your land is clear for .223 it will cleared for all +3000ups rounds

Hi mate, went through all this a few years ago, progressed from .22lr to .17hmr to .22hornet and finally .223 ! no need for a revisit but the feo ( right or wrong) may need to know reason for the change to centrefire, so best to give them a call prior to the change to explain! the other thing is that if your cert is now "open" condition they may insist on "closed" condition for the .223 for probationary period. if you have accompanied someone who hunts with a centre fire and if they would be willing to write a letter to confirm this they may waiver the probation period.

Hope this helps, good luck.

LD

Got a visit from the local FEO and it was a breeze, hes comes into the bar that i work in and has a lot to do with the rugby club i used to play for and it went fine, he said that hes going to try and not get me supervision as he thinks im fine with out it and iv been shooting long enough, and should have my license with me in not longer than 2 weeks !!

the trying to reclassify centerfires at this current time, one of The statements mentioned was the .223 .22-250 .204 well all the ammo that goes over 3000fps well be in a higher band just because of the projectiles speed.

so what im trying to say/askis it will probably be harder to get one of the 3000+ fps calipers

Can you elabotare, what is that about please?

Who is trying to reclassify centrefires for what reason and with what legal powers?

Cheers

fire arm legislation have meeting with various shooting organisations such as basc and other higher authorities to try and simplify licensing and one of the things mention was the +3000 rounds to be put in one category. so im guessing if your land is clear for .223 it will cleared for all +3000ups rounds

Are you talking about ACPO's Coffee Mornings?

Who are Firearms legislation and other higher authorities?