From Hmr To .223, Help!

I have traded my .17HMR in for a .223 and mod. My question is will i have to have another interview and go through all that again to be granted a .223 or will they just get on with it, change my license and send it back to me in short time? Thanks

Can i not protest this ? AS they have deemed me safe enough to go out with a .17hmr on my won but if they were to apply mentoring to a .223 this would stupid as they have already deemed me safe with a rifle, the fact that its a bigger caliber is regardless of the safety precautions one just take, its the same with all rifle calibers.

Query it, it's not a legal requirement :thumbs:

I certainly wouldn't be having mentoring on any rifle after 12 months of safe shooting when there is no legal power to force you.

And no, no further interview just a one for one variation which costs you nothing because you are holding the same amount of firearms.

It's highly unlikely theyd insist on you being monitored now Whippet. The whole point of mentoring was to ensure that you were safe with a firearm which you've proved you are. If they do I'd get straight on the phone to the BASC and see what there take is on it

I have traded my .17HMR in for a .223 and mod. My question is will i have to have another interview and go through all that again to be granted a .223 or will they just get on with it, change my license and send it back to me in short time? Thanks

It may be a 1 for 1 but you are moving up the field, look at it another way, you just have FAC air and trade your FAC air rifle mod for a .308 rifle, do you really think it is just a case of, ok fine, get on with it?

Another Interview is up to your region! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

the trying to reclassify centerfires at this current time, one of The statements mentioned was the .223 .22-250 .204 well all the ammo that goes over 3000fps well be in a higher band just because of the projectiles speed.

so what im trying to say/askis it will probably be harder to get one of the 3000+ fps calipers

the trying to reclassify centerfires at this current time, one of The statements mentioned was the .223 .22-250 .204 well all the ammo that goes over 3000fps well be in a higher band just because of the projectiles speed.

so what im trying to say/askis it will probably be harder to get one of the 3000+ fps calipers

Can you elabotare, what is that about please?

Who is trying to reclassify centrefires for what reason and with what legal powers?

Cheers

Any chance of suggesting a centerfire round that isnt capable of 3000fps+