Hw80 (Holy S*it) Advice Please !!

Make sure there's nothing combustable in the compression chamber. The piston seal on those will happily run dry. The only lube that should ever be used on a springer's piston seal is pure silicon grease and even then only a tiny smear.

• Like 1

Frankly I'm struggling with that sort of power figure, the spring (what spring?) must shake it to bits and make it almost unusable.

Ply comes in many grades and a 12 ft lb could shoot through some 3/4 inch ply in some situations!

Did you set the Chrono up correctly?

If your chrono's reading right and you're reading it right then it must be dieselling. There's no way an 80 will make that sort of power otherwise.

20 year ago the going rate was @ 45-55 fp's they start to shed screws very quickly..there was reports from america of 55 foot pounds regular with particular ammo's and a bit of modding.(the facs run better at 24 fps for 17 and 26 for 22...there abouts when tuned to particular ammo's, 30-40 for 17 and 22 at the extremes)

get the spring out IF you know what your doing, it definatly has an fac spring inside.. if you havent/arnt acustomed to it, take it straight to the shop and tell them to re spring and tune it..(get some delrin or some such in it with the tune to quieten it a bit)

it can be done by hand but one minor misalinement and the spring guide disapears around the room..seriously dangerous, like an instant duck egg lump splitting on your fore head.. so concusion or eye loss, deffo blow yu teeth out etc..it doesnt even hurt when it takes the flange out of your hand..till the sweet gets in then it seriously tings lol!! could remove the nose np's...get the drift lol??

11oo fps? hmmm i doubt its accuracy, lol bet it cracks like its deasiling...nearly sonic lol.

Edited by ghillies

Cheers guys. I took it into the gun shop today and they tried to run it on their chrono. The shout of "fukin' ell" came from the back of the shop and it is now in their hands for a strip re-spring and tune. I have all sorts of FAC stuff so it will be returned to 12 fp's and hopefully it will not knock my fillings loose when it comes back :icon_redface:

• Like 2

Cheers guys. I took it into the gun shop today and they tried to run it on their chrono. The shout of "fukin' ell" came from the back of the shop and it is now in their hands for a strip re-spring and tune. I have all sorts of FAC stuff so it will be returned to 12 fp's and hopefully it will not knock my fillings loose when it comes back :icon_redface:

that shout in the back of the shop would be 'oh noooo not an 80 to to despring'

Thats just about on the speed of sound, Had an fac 80 years ago, but never known one to be over 26 ftlb. Are you sure you calculated it right, and your chrono is working as it should, Because its impossible for that gun at that power without some serious dieseling going on, and if thats the case the rifle could be damaged beyond repair eg, bulged action and so on. food for thought.

atb phil

ermm..if you miss the pull a sharp pain accompanies your shoulder for several weeks..ranging from a breathing stopper to just a dull naffin really hurts lol..tried one and missed years ago, still remember it today funnily enough.