Hw80 (Holy S*it) Advice Please !!

I have been after a decent springer for a while and I bought a HW80 off a chap in the local pub (really) Knowing that they are notorious for being difficult to keep under the legal limit I dropped it over the chrono. The fps is 1120 and the pellets are Accupel at 14.3gr. That gives 40.12 foot pounds, no way is an air rifle knocking out that kind of power surely. The backstop was a 3/4 inch piece of plywood against my brick built man shed. It blew holes straight through and knocked fook out of the blocks at twenty yards :huh:

I haven't had an air rifle since I was a kid, all of my stuff is FAC. How do I get an air gun on my ticket?

The gun hasn't been shot for donkeys years would that make a difference?

Edited by firepower
  • Like 1

I'd get that spring put asap as you've just advertised that you have an illegal firearm!!! People done allsorts to them years ago...beefed up springs, extra washers etc. Likelyhood is it won't be accurate at that power. Another vote for the v-mach...transformed my 97k :thumbs:

I'll give it a good clean then drop it over the chrono again tomorrow. If it really is pushing out that power I'll drop the spring out.

Makes you wonder how people stay out of prison when they don't own chronographs. I wouldn't have had a clue without mine.