Hi guys, am very new to keeping birds and had an absolute disaster this afernoon. After weeks of trying to buy a goldfinch cock to attempt to breed some mules, i eventually managed to buy on last week, unfortunately while cleaning my flight he zoomed past me at a rate of knots never to be seen again. Totally gutted!! Could anyone could sell me a replacement please? Regards Barney

Its a shame your not in to pigeons bud a man could make a living reselling you the same bird lol double door system required Bud

your 100% right but dont kick an idiot when hes down lol, big mistake and lesson learned i hope.Lots to learn and i guess u pay for experience

I'll have a bet it's happened to most of us so don't feel to stupid mate and best ofl uck with finding a new one,but word of warning at this time of year most are already in breeding plans and any "spare" bird for sale it's ring should be checked to make sure there 100% legal :yes:

Yes they do,some tamer than others but depends on the bird really,i have some birds that'll let me almost stroke them and i have some that hide away and all have been raised the same but with cage bred birds they do tend to be a bit steadier that flight or aviary bred birds due to them being not able to hide away and in time they realize your not a danger to them.I know a few folks who take their chicks away from the parents and finish off hand rearing them so the birds are steadier and tamer.

• Like 1

I'll have a bet it's happened to most of us so don't feel to stupid mate and best ofl uck with finding a new one,but word of warning at this time of year most are already in breeding plans and any "spare" bird for sale it's ring should be checked to make sure there 100% legal :yes:

Thanks very much for that, i did and do feel very stupid! ha ha hope to find a cock asap so will keep on looking or maybe someone on here may hear of one and let me know? Some cracking posts and photos on here and its shows a complete novice like me what can be achieved. The photos of aviaries and breeders are excellent and gives you something to aim for, atb barney

• Like 1

I'm very much a novice as well mate,only been keeping them for around 4 years but it's one of those things that has clicked with me and no matter how many years or who you are every year brings something new to learn and old mistakes to be made again. :D .Birdtrader could be worth a look for you Barney.

I'm very much a novice as well mate,only been keeping them for around 4 years but it's one of those things that has clicked with me and no matter how many years or who you are every year brings something new to learn and old mistakes to be made again. :D .Birdtrader could be worth a look for you Barney.

Think youre doing very well from what i see!! only had some birds around 3 months so trying to learn but getting too excited too soon. its so addictive watching them ha ha, tried birdtrader but no luck as yet, will keep trying and fingers crossed ;)