I Got A Tree Rat

I thought I'd nip up to one of my permissions earlier to try for some woodies,

I always sit at the bottom of a clump of trees as they have good ivy cover and this is where lots of them come in to roost.

Even though I am camo'd up to the eyeballs as soon as they land in any tree around me they Faff off again. The only thing they can see of me is around my eyes through my balaclava. Is a veil needed ?

As I sat there waiting for woodies a tree rat showed up so I had him instead, Head shot at about 30 yards, I couldn't get his mate though, he was too quick.

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/Worzel-Gummidge/media/Flyingrat_zps0a3fd156.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Happy shooting all

Worzel

• Like 1

Nice one matey! In some ways I miss the squirrel shooting, it's all reds in here in jersey so I can't and don't want to shoot them, they are completely different to the greys, more subtle and very very shy, if I go for a dawn shoot I can usually see them playing in the trees which is great to see, but one move or breath to loud and they are off

Well done fella, there's a great vid on pigeon watch on a quick way to skin it for the table

I cant seem to find it!

Could anyone stick a link up please? Cheers

That was my first squizzer for years and the first one I've seen in months so hopefully there will be a few more now.

I really want the pigeons.