Which Mesh For A Live Fox Trap?

I am pondering on making some live fox traps and wondered if anyone could point me invthe direction of where to get some strong wire mesh from.

A link to the exact mesh and where I can get it from would be good.

Ideally I would like to make a couple of traps and at £100 each I thought it may be cheaper to make them and I can make them a bit bigger than a bought one.

Thanks

Have a look at fh brundels steel just put it in Google they will have what u need

Thanks, but I am wanting to know exactly which mesh people are using, the problem is it all looks the same when looking at a picture.

Some sites advertise the steel thickness in mm's, others gauge, and how big do the squares need to be.

prefer to be rusty looking as if you put it in farm yards next to old machinery it does stand out like sore thumb even the one i bought

i got it sandblasted to take the bling off it

2" x2" s ideal

Edited by gibbo1973

Okey Dokey, Cheers Brock Dog..

Walshie, Think you'd be right in saying that. I'm 1/2 waythrough cobbling 1 together from some bits and pieces I had lying about.

Mesh may be a slightly lesser gauge than if I had been buying it, but I had it lying about, so that's what I'm using for this one.

Interesting to see how heavy a gauge has been suggested on here. I'll be rattling up another 1 or 2 in the months to come (probably be winter time again now tho.) So I'll have to buy my mesh next time around.

My framework is perhaps on the 'heavy' side, but apart from having to figure out a stronger 'latch' mechanism, it looks like it just may work.