• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would love to go to marakesh,seen a few programms on it seem like a nice place

Used to do a fair bit of trade in Marrakesh,.exciting place.   Had some hairy old times in the Desert region and the High Atlas Mountains with the Berbers..   It was emotional....

Was talking to a morroccan lad I work with earlier about getting over there, kif mountains etc.

Aha, my brother went last year with his girlfriend, he didn't have any agro with her whatsoever, but when up in the mountains he was offered 30 camels for her! A good price I'm told, he should have done it!!

That's more than I can say from crossing into Mauritania from Mali, at the check point some officers took a liking to one of the girls of the trip. . They fleeced us out of money and said weren't leaving the checkpoint until morning, needless to say I didn't sleep a wink that night, but all was fine next morning.

at least all ended up fine f m but yeh I can imagine at the time that was ropey as f**k,I've been in a few dodgey situations myself n even tho came to no bother I only had myself to worry about, that's the trouble when you've a women in toe changes everything you ain't just lookin out for ya self n can't take chances the same but she came out to Indonesia with me last year for a couple weeks before I carried on on my own n it was fine, how many camels did say lol,atb Edited by dodger

Was talking to a morroccan lad I work with earlier about getting over there, kif mountains etc.

ask him were the 7 dollar guest houses are for me will ya mate lol...any advise he gives ya put on here will ya pal I'd like to hear it cheers, aye the kif mountains look fantastic get yourself over there, I wasn't into mountains really until I went to Nepal, I was mesmerised by the mountains there loved the place n since them theres just somethin magical about em atb Edited by dodger

ask him were the 7 dollar guest houses are for me will ya mate lol...any advise he gives ya put on here will ya pal I'd like to hear it cheers, aye the kif mountains look fantastic get yourself over there, I wasn't into mountains really until I went to Nepal, I was mesmerised by the mountains there loved the place n since them theres just somethin magical about em atb

Ill ask him, his old man has built a big house over there for when he retires in a few months. & there is something magical about the kif mountains ;)

Spent a year there, in 3 month stints, loved the place, traveled all over, north to south, Ketama was the most hairy, agadir the most touristy.

Every where else was a breeze after tKetama. You do have to keep your wits about you, but most morrocans are fine.

They do get the shit kicked out of them if they f**k about too much with tourists, as the country likes the money tourism brings.

Tangier is a very interessting city.

Went to agadir was great INSIDE the hotel everything outside was a bit Indiana jones all tours went out with armed security!!!

Marrakech was cool but there trying to skin you at every opportunity but lovely place to look about.

This post sounds a bit whingey but I've been about a bit and this place was the worst I've had it even got hassled by a gang of blokes with no legs dragging themselves about on skateboards :)

I feel bad about this but i'm PMSL at that :laugh:

• Like 1

Spent a year there, in 3 month stints, loved the place, traveled all over, north to south, Ketama was the most hairy, agadir the most touristy.

Every where else was a breeze after tKetama. You do have to keep your wits about you, but most morrocans are fine.

They do get the shit kicked out of them if they f**k about too much with tourists, as the country likes the money tourism brings.

Tangier is a very interessting city.

that tells me there's a lot to do there if you spent that much time there paid,fair play to ya pal bet you loved it n cheers for the info.

Absolutely desperate to get over there on the bike,, it`s trip I`ve been planning for ages.

Lots of info on the HUBB

that sounds great that I hope it comes off ya,I've just read a book about a fella that rode his 60 year old royal Enfield from Manchester to India a good read it was, I got myself a Honda hero for a hundred quid in Vietnam last year n it was great ride in about over there,but I'm not the most experienced on bikes mate n when I hit the cities my my confidence went n I knew I was an accident waitin to happen lol so I stuck to the buses n traines for the rest of the journey,I loved my time there n the buses n traines were great craic but It would've been incredible to do the whole thing on the bike I reckon see even more at your own pace eh..

If you like mountains, the high atlas is stunning, bus travel around it can be emotional ! I preferred the Marrakech end, but it was all stunning, like going back in time.

that sounds superb mate..

its a nice country just the people are assholes try the hotel de nice in casablanca ;)

lol cheers pal

oh yeah forgot to mension dont take the wife to the hotel de nice its a brothel :laugh::laugh:

Aha, my brother went last year with his girlfriend, he didn't have any agro with her whatsoever, but when up in the mountains he was offered 30 camels for her! A good price I'm told, he should have done it!!

That's more than I can say from crossing into Mauritania from Mali, at the check point some officers took a liking to one of the girls of the trip. . They fleeced us out of money and said weren't leaving the checkpoint until morning, needless to say I didn't sleep a wink that night, but all was fine next morning.

My dads work mate went out to Turkey with his lass a few years ago, out for a meal on their first night and a waiter was flirting and being a creep with her, which is usually what they're like anyway so he let it slide. The next night they went for a meal again and the same waiter goes "why are you with him when you can be with me?"....while my dads mates sat there at the table tucking into his tea! Cheeky f****r. He got up and chinned him and did one before the rozzers turned up :laugh:

've never had any bother in Turkey though, mainly cause i'm dark haired and tan like Jodie Marsh so must fit in :D Oh and on that note - Turkish girls :yes::thumbs:

Back to the original thread, i've never been to Morocco sorry :tongue2:

I've been to morocco and china and china wins hands down ....morocco is a bin that is full of rats, I backpacked there when i was younger and unluckily i had to go back twice last year and it had not changed ...it,s the Moroccans ..I think they are c?nts ....china is not as cheap as you would think though and is a big old place .....

Went to agadir was great INSIDE the hotel everything outside was a bit Indiana jones all tours went out with armed security!!!

Marrakech was cool but there trying to skin you at every opportunity but lovely place to look about.

This post sounds a bit whingey but I've been about a bit and this place was the worst I've had it even got hassled by a gang of blokes with no legs dragging themselves about on skateboards :)

I feel bad about this but i'm PMSL at that :laugh:

like BPR at tescos over here.............. :laugh: