Thinking of having a look around morocco soon so just wondering if anybody on here has been n what they thought of it,from what I've looked into so far seems good for trekking, camel safari abseiling 4x4 etc cheers

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

would love to go to marakesh,seen a few programms on it seem like a nice place

Used to do a fair bit of trade in Marrakesh,.exciting place.   Had some hairy old times in the Desert region and the High Atlas Mountains with the Berbers..   It was emotional....

Was talking to a morroccan lad I work with earlier about getting over there, kif mountains etc.

Went to agadir was great INSIDE the hotel everything outside was a bit Indiana jones all tours went out with armed security!!!

Marrakech was cool but there trying to skin you at every opportunity but lovely place to look about.

This post sounds a bit whingey but I've been about a bit and this place was the worst I've had it even got hassled by a gang of blokes with no legs dragging themselves about on skateboards :)

• Like 1

would love to go to marakesh,seen a few programms on it seem like a nice place :thumbs:

aye mate I'm lookin for somewere a bit different n think this could be the place,do some backpacking through morocco then maybe head south al goin well,ope you get to go one day if I go il let you no how I get on,also thinking about the Middle East or china gota decide by the weekend n book but I think right now were leanin more towards morocco cheers bud.
  • Like 1

Went to agadir was great INSIDE the hotel everything outside was a bit Indiana jones all tours went out with armed security!!!

Marrakech was cool but there trying to skin you at every opportunity but lovely place to look about.

This post sounds a bit whingey but I've been about a bit and this place was the worst I've had it even got hassled by a gang of blokes with no legs dragging themselves about on skateboards :)

haa sounds like my first trip to India that n that's before I got myself lost n stranded in the slums proper culture shock lol, but no mate all positive or negative feedback appreciated, I like the sound of parts of it lookin like an Indiana jones settin tho, from what I've read there could defo be an personalised adventure or 2 out there for sure but as you know like anywhere when goin off the Beaton track gota keep on your toes rewarding after tho cheers

haa sounds like my first trip to India that n that's before I got myself lost n stranded in the slums proper culture shock lol, but no mate all positive or negative feedback appreciated, I like the sound of parts of it lookin like an Indiana jones settin tho, from what I've read there could defo be an personalised adventure or 2 out there for sure but as you know like anywhere when goin off the Beaton track gota keep on your toes rewarding after tho cheers
On your toes is a phrase well used out there but tourists are an easy target but a lively time was had :)

Lad I know used to do regular runs over there in his lorry and he's got some stories to tell!!!

• Like 1

was there on my moto,, winter before last..was heading for timbukto....but aquim sorta messed it up......

best place for info etc is....

google..horizons unlimited...[the hubb] trawl down and go on regional forums..youll see the moroc forum.. plenty of good/honest info/places to stay etc.

agadair i found crap,,fes is ok for the tanning etc..marrakesh ok ..depends what you want.or a little trek down to dahkla,,[western sahara]

you backpacking or just package..

if youve done india piece of piss mate..bin me sen a few times.. love thirdy world countries myself..the hagglings what its all about..

just dont get lost in the medinas..lol...........

and if you like a little smoke try the rif mountains..

the berbers up there are very,,should i say accomodating....lol............

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies some good tips there n il be sure to check out that site, yeh il be backpacking n although I've done quite bait of traveling I normally go on my own or with a mate but this time my misses is joinin me so I'm just bein a bit more catious as well as with what's been goin on in Africa lately but from the info I've gathered so far morocco should be fine cheers.

Aha, my brother went last year with his girlfriend, he didn't have any agro with her whatsoever, but when up in the mountains he was offered 30 camels for her! A good price I'm told, he should have done it!!

That's more than I can say from crossing into Mauritania from Mali, at the check point some officers took a liking to one of the girls of the trip. . They fleeced us out of money and said weren't leaving the checkpoint until morning, needless to say I didn't sleep a wink that night, but all was fine next morning.