14 Months

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geoff - to be honest 44 years of dog experience means very little - I know some folk who have had many, many years experience in this game and you could write the wortwhile stuff they know on the back

Thats fine as stated if it suits you then great. What I cannot understand is your constant need for approval from your peers? If you chose it for the above reasons, then fair enough, why do you feel t

Just because its a malx doesnt make it immune to failure lol. and stating categorically the above is a little rose tinted in my view   But... Having a dog that looks like that looking out of the

Posted Images

can you lads with these mal Xs clear something up for me. i was under the impression there might be saluki in those mal Xs is it true?

i was told it was a greyhound put over the bitch but looking at my dog and even more so in my dads I'd say there was saluki in the father as well.

Black greyhound I haven't met graham but he knows a mate of mine, it is the same litter mate and it would be nice to see them,if graham wants to meet up?. At 11 months I had two out the same field.ATB

If you read up on the mal x then there is no reason why they couldn't make a handy lurcher.

Stamina, feet, coat, nose, natural prey drive, brains etc.

Personally I would like to see a mal/grey put back to a working grew and see what that 1/4 blood does to the 3/4 sighthound.

But that's just for me. This lad obviously wanted a heavier dog, hence why he picked the biggest in the litter.

And I agree with the lads who've said they don't look like lurchers. I can get stopped going tesco with my 2 in the boot. And worse with bull x. The police admitted to us that they were hoping to see bull x in the boot. It would of been better than a signed confession to breaking the law if we had.

Atb. Gaz.

lapin2008.i totally agree. i am 59 years old this year my father owned lurchers and i have owned them since 15yrs of age .my friend graham who owns mal has had dogs since 1978.lots of people on here do not have 44years of dog exspirience.i know for a fact that if i said to some of these so called dog men right leighton buzzard across to woburn 7 miles rough ploughing etc carrying all of the catch back at top walking speed .some of them would be so far away they might as well stayed at home .thier dogs would be knackerd and i would be saying for fecks sake come on i have not got all night to wait for stragellers.graham is a true dog man .if that dog couldnt catch hares and do its other jobs he wouldnt give it kenell room.also those malxg are so strong and so hard they could not possibly blow up or wimp out it is not in thier nature to do so hundreds of years of selective breeding in the alaska wilderness .where it is survival of the fittest guarantees it.they have very thick coats very strong bone very thick pads and they are defenitely not softies and they are exstremely strong

I like the mal x they look handy for a job and hav ther bonus not looking lurcher fied but to say they will Neva whimp out or blow up is stupid. There bloke on here seen mal x run 100's time from man who started all off while mal was deafining place bull x had to be sliped kind of chucks ur theory down drain. Now x is fool proof any hav ability to jack. You hav so many outlandis claims but Neva seen 1 run. U make Plummer look soft

If you read up on the mal x then there is no reason why they couldn't make a handy lurcher.

Stamina, feet, coat, nose, natural prey drive, brains etc.

Personally I would like to see a mal/grey put back to a working grew and see what that 1/4 blood does to the 3/4 sighthound.

But that's just for me. This lad obviously wanted a heavier dog, hence why he picked the biggest in the litter.

And I agree with the lads who've said they don't look like lurchers. I can get stopped going tesco with my 2 in the boot. And worse with bull x. The police admitted to us that they were hoping to see bull x in the boot. It would of been better than a signed confession to breaking the law if we had.

Atb. Gaz.

I like to see a 3/4 see how they fair, I thin u [BANNED TEXT] the mal from wat I seen can offer a lot after seein a pure 1 work. Neva seen a mal x run tho so cnt comment but my Bruv in law has bred his mal to a grey so hopefully in cumin yrs I can see how they fair but [BANNED TEXT] tryin sum thin new hav to hav the balls n do [BANNED TEXT] thin if it go pair shaped

Is oneshot still around here ? I bet that dog of his looks well nowdays ? Lets see how he turned out Oneshot. I always liked the look of that dog.

any progress reports on his working life ?

He was a 1st x mal/grey put back to CNs Buddy.. all the ingrediants are there..anyone know of the final results from the rest of this litter ?

Is oneshot still around here ? I bet that dog of his looks well nowdays ? Lets see how he turned out Oneshot. I always liked the look of that dog.

any progress reports on his working life ?

He was a 1st x mal/grey put back to CNs Buddy.. all the ingrediants are there..anyone know of the final results from the rest of this litter ?

unless hes changed his username hes not been on here since 29th july 2010

lapin2008.i totally agree. i am 59 years old this year my father owned lurchers and i have owned them since 15yrs of age .my friend graham who owns mal has had dogs since 1978.lots of people on here do not have 44years of dog exspirience.i know for a fact that if i said to some of these so called dog men right leighton buzzard across to woburn 7 miles rough ploughing etc carrying all of the catch back at top walking speed .some of them would be so far away they might as well stayed at home .thier dogs would be knackerd and i would be saying for fecks sake come on i have not got all night to wait for stragellers.graham is a true dog man .if that dog couldnt catch hares and do its other jobs he wouldnt give it kenell room.also those malxg are so strong and so hard they could not possibly blow up or wimp out it is not in thier nature to do so hundreds of years of selective breeding in the alaska wilderness .where it is survival of the fittest guarantees it.they have very thick coats very strong bone very thick pads and they are defenitely not softies and they are exstremely strong

I like the mal x they look handy for a job and hav ther bonus not looking lurcher fied but to say they will Neva whimp out or blow up is stupid. There bloke on here seen mal x run 100's time from man who started all off while mal was deafining place bull x had to be sliped kind of chucks ur theory down drain. Now x is fool proof any hav ability to jack. You hav so many outlandis claims but Neva seen 1 run. U make Plummer look soft
what a load of sh*t, who bull x because it wouldn't of been his lol

it doesnt look like a running dog which must surely be an advantage in certain areas but what im curious about it looks like it wouldnt half chow down a lot of feed... are these crosses capable of catching enough to feed themselves and their owners?

Honest opinion bud, the dog is heavy for my taste. But it thats what you wanted, fair play , like someone said if it was a bull x the same height and weight you'd have 100 replies saying ' what a cracker'.

From what I understand the Malamute is a sledge dog that pulls heavy loads, a kind of canine tractor unit. If you were gonna go with a sledge dog for some of the reasons listed: stamina, toughness, coat, strong feet, etc would the Siberian Huskey not have been a better bet, much faster to, and they run for mile after mile after mile, incredible athletes.

Again it wouldn't be to my taste. For me, if you're gonna add something to a sighthound cross the main consideration should be obedience, trainability and a bold confident temperament. Sledge dogs were trained and selectively bred for a very long time to do one task....pull. I would look to breeds that require a more complex relationship with the handler to do its 'bred for' job. All that said, this is just my preference, if you're happy with him mate and he's performing to the standard you wanted and expected, jobs a goodun, atb pal.

Edited by Neoleaver
  • Like 1