Feeding Your Kill To Cats

Hi guys, I normally get a lot f rabbit from my permission and really want to start feeding it to my cat, where do u start? How often, raw or cooked? Mixie or not? Heart lungs etc or just the meat? Whole leg or de boned?

Look forward to your suggestions

Craig

My moggie Astraeus loves raw heart, liver (but take out the little gall bladder) and lungs.

He will also beg me for the meat both cooked and uncooked.

I would not feed him a mixie bunny though, and I certainly wouldn't give him one with Tape Worm.

Tony

a mixi rabbit will do no harm to you or your cat, its a blood disorder, outward signs are scabs, closed eyes etc. inward signs are speckled liver, most rabbits carry both flea`s and tapeworms more so if they have mixi. its up to you if you feed raw or cooked but if you do decide to go down the raw route then just put a good worming routine in place :thumbs:

I usually dispose of Myxie bunnies immediately and dont bring them home.

Craig you asked about Tapeworm, you usually find a cyste like sack and inside there are white eggs. They are in my own experiance usually attatched to the muscle just under the skin, but I've seen images of them inside the gut cavity.

This was my 2nd bunny in two months with them.

lump2.jpg

lump3.jpg

Quite revolting to look at, but the pictures are educational, so others who come across them know what they are.

Tony

• Like 1

A lot of cats love catching rabbits around my way and I very often see one cat or another dragging a bunny along behind them. Im presuming if they are going to all that hassle of dragging the rabbit off somewhere they must eat it raw?

Still, the felix stuff I give my cat, i noticed one of them is rabbit flavour, so maybe I should start chopping up bunnies instead for them and save myself some cash.

A lot of cats love catching rabbits around my way and I very often see one cat or another dragging a bunny along behind them. Im presuming if they are going to all that hassle of dragging the rabbit off somewhere they must eat it raw?

Still, the felix stuff I give my cat, i noticed one of them is rabbit flavour, so maybe I should start chopping up bunnies instead for them and save myself some cash.

rabbit flavour, that will be horse then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

rabbit flavour, that will be horse then :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:lol: more than likely! Still the cat seems to enjoy it.

Cheers mate this has been massively educational, least I know what I'm looking for and more confident about identifying a clean to a diseased rabbit

the meat of a mitsy rabbit is identical to that of a healthy rabbit :yes: its only the outward appearence and liver that put people off eating them :laugh: