went out with my shooting partner shooting foxes at farmers request, first time ive ever been fox shooting. we were using a nite site shooting 1 fox on the first night and 2 on the second. just wondering whats the best way to dispose of foxes? there only small fields so i doubt the farmer would appreciate 3 foxes left in the field hedge, ive gained permission through him so dont want to do anything that could jeoperdise that. we ended up putting them in my friends bin. we didnt want to bury them incase the farmer didnt want us to. thanks for reading

just ask the farmer, hell be pleased that there are a few few less about the place and he'll probabily just say something along the lines of "leave them at the bottom there and ill sort them out later", 6months down the line you re-visit the farm and their still there were you left them minus some meat and fur!!! haha

if in doubt ask him, safest option all round when your just getting to know the farmer, chuckin em in your mates bin is gonna cause more issues in the long run for his house.

i'd be looking to bury em myself.

• Like 1

the fields are well away from public access so we will try square it with the farmer to leave them, what if he says no should we just take them out way and bury them. theres a wood near me where i have permission to fly the hawk. should i take them there and stuff them somewhere out of the way? thanks

its the first time me and my mates been out shooting fox because he just recently was granted his firearms licence and he works on motorway closures and often gets called out so it was rare occasion we managed 2 full nights. i was just the picker upper lol. but as ive gained permission through the fox shooting i want to make sure the jobs done properly. thanks

Personally I hate to use the word "Dump" in regards to something Ive hunted,it seems disrespectful. Corny as it sounds I try and "Place" them somewhere nice and out of the way,in a dump or bin just seems wrong. But maybe Im just a soft lad lol.

My farmer puts them in their "dead bin", where they put all the small farm animals that die. These are burned and the ashes go on the muck heap for ferterlising the fields. We have plenty of carrion birds, including kites, which make short work of anything thrown in the hedge.

Personally I hate to use the word "Dump" in regards to something Ive hunted,it seems disrespectful. Corny as it sounds I try and "Place" them somewhere nice and out of the way,in a dump or bin just seems wrong. But maybe Im just a soft lad lol.

I can understand where you are comming from mate,but let me ask you this,if you had shot 20 rats would you place them,or dump em?