Terrriers And Terriermenof Ireland

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would any one want to be in a book and draw attention to there selfs .these books cause nothing but aggro and idiots to the sport.can understand the authors reason pound coins better than puppy p

plummer was the same tell him a inch worth and he`d stretch it 10 mile ---- i told him a story about a lurcher that someone told me dbp took it as his own and used to tell it round the shows .........

I would have to disagree with you on that one Voon,and I would imagine so would a lot of men that worked white bodied terriers long before the black dogs came into this country.I can remember even tho

the problem is with doing this kind of book -- is how much shit people will talk once there in it .

bought a dog years and years ago from someone that made 1 of jonnys books-couldnt fault the bitch infact-spoke to him after the book came out and mentioned id had a dog off him-he denied he sold me that cross and then told me i had bought it from someone else in his village :icon_eek:its funny because theres alot of other peoples names mentioned in his books that i have met or know and they tell me a different story to whats been written down :laugh: the truth must be out there ;)

plummer was the same tell him a inch worth and he`d stretch it 10 mile ---- i told him a story about a lurcher that someone told me dbp took it as his own and used to tell it round the shows ........... this is how i was told it-------------- my lurcher came in last night with next doors rabbit dead in its mouth in a panic i put it back in its hutch thinking they`d thought it had died -- anyhows next day the woman from next door knocks on my door have you seen anyone round the gardens --no why problem ? well the strangest things happened my daugthers pet rabbit died john it buried and someones dug it up and put it back in its hutch .... true or not i dont know ;) heard middleton dropped frain a few kippers for a laugh when frain did the book on him ...

i remember that i saw something like that story in a comedy-show on tv.

the problem is with doing this kind of book -- is how much shit people will talk once there in it .

bought a dog years and years ago from someone that made 1 of jonnys books-couldnt fault the bitch infact-spoke to him after the book came out and mentioned id had a dog off him-he denied he sold me that cross and then told me i had bought it from someone else in his village :icon_eek:its funny because theres alot of other peoples names mentioned in his books that i have met or know and they tell me a different story to whats been written down :laugh: the truth must be out there ;)

plummer was the same tell him a inch worth and he`d stretch it 10 mile ---- i told him a story about a lurcher that someone told me dbp took it as his own and used to tell it round the shows ........... this is how i was told it-------------- my lurcher came in last night with next doors rabbit dead in its mouth in a panic i put it back in its hutch thinking they`d thought it had died -- anyhows next day the woman from next door knocks on my door have you seen anyone round the gardens --no why problem ? well the strangest things happened my daugthers pet rabbit died john it buried and someones dug it up and put it back in its hutch .... true or not i dont know ;) heard middleton dropped frain a few kippers for a laugh when frain did the book on him ...

i remember that i saw something like that story in a comedy-show on tv.

some old boy told it me years ago --- dont know where he got it from proberbly the 2 ronnies :D

Oh FFS youve just given him his inspiration to write a new book "Now Thats What I Call Lurchers and Lurchermen of the British Isles Volume 3".

Wonder if he will write the theme tune and sing the theme tune LOL

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 1

Oh FFS youve just given him his inspiration to write a new book "Now Thats What I Call Lurchers and Lurchermen of the British Isles Volume 3".

:D --------- heard ones on the cards nigel a pit fighting dog ..

• Like 1

:D --------- heard ones on the cards nigel a pit fighting dog ..

Can I preorder?

:whistling:

I know one old man that's going to be in the book.

Unfortunately his health is failing him at the moment as is his memory.

He started out with foundation dogs from Bert Gripton and and the best of working terrier blood in Ireland at the time in the early 1960's. Dogs bred down from this stuff are still working to a very high standard and not sold, but kept among tight circles. there are not many lines of working white dogs about and his knowledge might be of interest to some.

This old guy would have hunted with Terriers,been at the trials and a digging friend of the Staff Geronimo's owner, hunted beagles, Harriers, Foxhounds and Otterhounds.

I don't think people on here should be offended about him telling his stories. Or concern themselves about him selling pups, it's not going to happen.

Don't like the author or books on hunting ? don't buy it or read it.

Bryan.

• Like 6

He started out with foundation dogs from Bert Gripton and and the best of working terrier blood in Ireland at the time in the early 1960's. Dogs bred down from this stuff are still working to a very high standard and not sold, but kept among tight circles. there are not many lines of working white dogs about and his knowledge might be of interest to some.

This old guy would have hunted with Terriers,been at the trials and a digging friend of the Staff Geronimo's owner, hunted beagles, Harriers, Foxhounds and Otterhounds.

I don't think people on here should be offended about him telling his stories. Or concern themselves about him selling pups, it's not going to happen.

Bryan.

good---- i dont and wont ....... :thumbs: simply for the reasons i`ve stated above..

Edited by the_stig

All the names of the lads going in the book are on countrywise am gonna get a copy me i heard stigs offering refunds to lads who arnt happy with it sein as it was his idear lol

nowt to do with me dtd 1 came from an idea i gave him he`s took it and run with it fair play and good luck to him -- but to deny the conversastion we had on here via pm beats me i`m hardly looking for any fame using a forum name .. :doh:

All the names of the lads going in the book are on countrywise am gonna get a copy me i heard stigs offering refunds to lads who arnt happy with it sein as it was his idear lol

nowt to do with me dtd 1 came from an idea i gave him he`s took it and run with it fair play and good luck to him -- but to deny the conversastion we had on here via pm beats me i`m hardly looking for any fame using a forum name .. :doh:
am onlie messin around stig

i gave him the idea for these books and some of the contacts ----- not even had a thank you off the knut

why diddent you do it your self then or be partners in the venture

i had the idea but could`nt could`nt find the time i`ve half written a book then left it .... i`ll finish it one day ... i mentioned it on here and he sent me a pm askin what my book was about told him i had a few ideas for books in mind one was to do a book along the lines of broadhursts book but bring it up to date i dropped a few names next thing you know his books out .. i probly would`nt of got round to doing one but a thank you for nicking my idea would`nt of gone a miss ...

not gonna buy his book now.. hes on game-dog.com , on patterdale terrier section.

i gave him the idea for these books and some of the contacts ----- not even had a thank you off the knut

i had the idea but could`nt could`nt find the time i`ve half written a book then left it .... i`ll finish it one day ... i mentioned it on here and he sent me a pm askin what my book was about told him i had a few ideas for books in mind one was to do a book along the lines of broadhursts book but bring it up to date i dropped a few names next thing you know his books out .. i probly would`nt of got round to doing one but a thank you for nicking my idea would`nt of gone a miss ...

not gonna buy his book now.. hes on game-dog.com , on patterdale terrier section.

why does that change your mind ?

.. pit bull and strong dog men of america coming soon

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 1

Bryan.

a cork man?