• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got this show with only three weeks notice so we had to work fast but the judge is an experienced working terrier judge who does work his terriers but EVERY year we hear criticism of the judges yo

My old man has just had confirmation that the SWTC are running a show in memory of Founder member Jock Tait at the Neilston Cattle show on Saturday May 4th at the Neilston show ground. I will post det

it happens i judged 12 shows one year --- and i can honestly say that without something new coming into the ring i knew what would win the show before hand .... i gave judging bollox after some woman

The Russell that won the show would be hard to find a fault with .it might be young and not showing many signs of work , but that could be down to the way the dog works and not something that you can tell at a show.

no all i was saying was he judged the kelvin valley show hes seen the dogs hes only going over the same dogs again .it looks better for the club to have a neutral judge .put it this way would it not be better to bring an english judge to do scottish shows and vise versa a think youll find youll do a lot better . no harm to the judge as i said he was asked to do it he done it well done to him for doing it as its a hard job. the same judge in 3 weeks just dont think it works pal only my opinion .as i say good luck to the club and everyone involved .

kind regards

no all i was saying was he judged the kelvin valley show hes seen the dogs hes only going over the same dogs again .it looks better for the club to have a neutral judge .put it this way would it not be better to bring an english judge to do scottish shows and vise versa a think youll find youll do a lot better . no harm to the judge as i said he was asked to do it he done it well done to him for doing it as its a hard job. the same judge in 3 weeks just dont think it works pal only my opinion .as i say good luck to the club and everyone involved .

kind regards

it happens i judged 12 shows one year --- and i can honestly say that without something new coming into the ring i knew what would win the show before hand .... i gave judging bollox after some woman followed me to the van at the end of a show moaning that her dog had won 40 odd shows i pointed out that one the day a terrier that had seen work was better --- that night i thought feck it why should i chuck 30 quids worth of fuel in my van give up my sunday morning for a plate of ham and salad for knuts to moan -- result one less terrier judge doing the rounds ... i`ve said it before on here instead of moaning offer to step under the ropes next year...

Edited by the_stig
  • Like 3

The show is only as good as the people who are there and their attitude to the Judging Decision being made ?. I always try to smile and accept graciously all the judges decisions as I am the person who has paid the entry fee and owns /feed the said entered terrier ,It is only his opinion gathered in the Ring not outside the ring hopefully ?.

• Like 1

1974 the judges at the F&MWTC 1ST open show in Scotland Ronnie Pearson (Lakelands) and Ronnie Cook ( Russels) from Cumbria the two Ronnies as they were known. We have always used a a variety of judges BUT they ALWAYS get criticism the Stig has already given a reason why he stopped judging and I know many like him.The guy in the ring on Saturday Stewarding for Andy was one of the original organisers from the 70s along with my old man Jock and others he Jnr started the Fell and Moorland in Scotland both the original Terrier judges met Jnr down at the Ennbeck Kennels in the early 70s and used to send terrriers up here to be worked. Thanks for the advice on selecting judges but I think we have it covered. I will try and post some pics from the old days when my old man digs them out and I figure out how to put them on.

i thought the judge did well. :thumbs: he knows how to handle a terrier and was lucky to keep all his fingers in the plummer class, lesser judges have failed this test in the past :laugh::laugh: . best russell class ive seen in many a year. :thumbs:

i agree with stig. stopped judging years ago. due to to many ugly poorly made owners :tongue2:

• Like 1

Cheers for that my old man has gout and is in agony so he does'nt think he'll make it but Jnr is going down.

thats a lame excuse for not going , i get gout too, tablets an its clear in a day or 2

certainly agree with cleanspade i said the same the standard of russells at the show was top notch best ive seen in a long time some lovely stamps of dogs i must say. .i loved the little russell in the puppy class was only about 12 weeks some stamp of a dog as was the winner. nice final 2 lovely well made dogs very very close indeed was hard to pick the winner wee tommys dog was in good nick so was the russell boys done well. take a good dog to beat that little russell i reckon.

kind regards

Cheers for that my old man has gout and is in agony so he does'nt think he'll make it but Jnr is going down.

thats a lame excuse for not going , i get gout too, tablets an its clear in a day or 2

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Do tel,l his doctor only told him to take painkillers he's been off his feet for over a week now.

Edited by events co-ordinator

..................................................................................................................................................................................

Do tel,l his doctor only told him to take painkillers he's been off his feet for over a week now.

gout,its to much good living,tell him I said he,s to stay of the port,lol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.