Thatcher Dies

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If half the politicians now had her backbone this country wouldn't be the cesspit it is.

Boo all you want. R.I.P Margaret Thatcher. The second best P.M this country ever had. (After Churchill.)

High wages for doing little. Has your old man ever been down a pit. It's not like mixing scones ffs

Posted Images

I think we have gone through a period when too many children and people have been given to understand "I have a problem, it is the Government's job to cope with it!" or "I have a problem, I will go and get a grant to cope with it!" "I am homeless, the Government must house me!" and so they are casting their problems on society and who is society? There is no such thing! There are individual men and women and there are families and no government can do anything except through people and people look to themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then also to help look after our neighbour and life is a reciprocal business and people have got the entitlements too much in mind without the obligations.

I, personally, have always voted for the death penalty because I believe that people who go out prepared to take the lives of other people forfeit their own right to live. I believe that the death penalty should be used only very rarely, but I believe that no-one should go out certain that no matter how cruel, how vicious, how hideous their murder, they themselves will not suffer the death penalty.

A man may climb Everest for himself, but at the summit he plants his country’s flag.

A walking soundbite of a woman....God Rest, Right to buy, Breaking the unions, Faced down the hunger strikers, A woman of her convictions

• Like 9

I was actually saddened to hear of her death, Maggie did a lot of good too (Though granted it didn't make up for the bad...) She likely single handedly halted an aids epidemic in the UK, at the time needle use was high and it was being spread by dirty needles. (Not just heroin or other injectable highs, steroid users too) She introduced the needle exchange which has ultimately saved the NHS loads.

So RIP Maggie, can't fault you for standing by your word. Not many do that now.

What ever anyone thought of her, as the UK first female PM, the Iron Lady made history and will always be remembered.

true, yes will be rememberd that she bust the union's (poll tax) :censored: , and it only the Falkland war kept her in office that bit longer :yes: i( wont) shed a tear for her .!!

• Like 1

She led the country exactly the same as Churchill did, which in times of war was a good thing, but in times of economic hardship was bad. Neither were fit to run a country in times of peace, given that both created civil wars within our homeland. Not a person to admire.

• Like 2

She led the country exactly the same as Churchill did, which in times of war was a good thing, but in times of economic hardship was bad. Neither were fit to run a country in times of peace, given that both created civil wars within our homeland. Not a person to admire.

:yes::thumbs:

"When I realized Margaret Thatcher was dead, I did a double fist hand pump into the air and shouted, "f***ing brilliant!"

Everyone around me was disgusted, and looking back, I suppose it was out of order.

Especially as I was the first paramedic at the scene."

• Like 4

Coming from a coal mining family i can remember the big strike and the hardship she put our community through . Hard working men and women losing their homes etc 30 years ago now but she will always be despised . I hope she rots in hell !

• Like 5