Hi can anybody point me in right direction,I am looking to find some grey partridge eggs to hatch and release this year under clockers,I am not looking for a large amount just enough to try, and get them breeding locally the place is devoid of them, only a very few redleg's,dispite having good hedges and plenty of rough ground,I have got one of the local farmers on side with releasing them not to be shot,just to see how they will fare,I havnt got masses of money to throw at the attempt,but any direction would be great,

Spot on thankyou I have joined up too,in order to gain knowledge as I am a little thick around partridges,but love the bird I was hoping someone in cumbria might be willing to share phone numbers in case I need advice,but that website looks good,thanks again

Hope your ready for a long road. I remember my grandad telling me to introduce pats onto a bit land it will take 5 years to get an established number.

Was told by a old keeper about greys going mental at a young age he said to settle them down get a load of vitimin c into them they will calm down and also vitamins to stop brittle bones on them we now do this to all our greys and works a treat bit of info for ya

• 2 weeks later...

was it ebay you had them off or perdixwil, ??

Ebay had some mate

Had them off there before bud real bad hatch rate once bitten twice shy,

It was ebay mate I tried for two yrs all under bantams, and they were good brooders both had hatched chicks before, granted not partridge chicks,but both birds were not novices,

no prob the partrige that are on ebay are from pirdixwil, the site on here ??

Ebay had some mate

It was ebay mate I tried for two yrs all under bantams, and they were good brooders both had hatched chicks before, granted not partridge chicks,but both birds were not novices,

Thanks for that heads up dunc, I would prefer to deal with a local keeper but don't know any up here ,that rear grey's I vowed not to get back into pheasant shooting when I came up here,so lost a lot of keeper connections and most of the lads I knew are either dead or have moved on now,

Ebay had some mate

I've had eggs sent from ebay a few times - all v poor hatch rates. I pick them up in person now - much better success rate. I think the post does something to them.

Ebay had some mate

I've had eggs sent from ebay a few times - all v poor hatch rates. I pick them up in person now - much better success rate. I think the post does something to them.

I agree mate but I unfortunatley I have no local supply that I can find I am up in cumbria,

• 1 month later...