Red And Black Hen Wanted

now lads , i hope someone can help me out , im looking for a red and black hen to go with me cock bird , i got the cock in a deal with a fella along with some gold mosaics , im in the durham area cheers , also looking for a pair of red mosaics

post-43853-0-69284300-1365706974_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a few pictures of my mosaic hen and my new shed and breeding cages , also two new birds i bought today

well after weeks of searching ive finally found a red black hen for me cock bird its taken me ages andmany auctions , but tday there was 4 red blacks in the aucton , cost me £14 but got one at last

Well after a couple of weeks in with me red/black cock she has built her nest and layed her first egg this morning . I'm glad cos when I bought her at the auction the auctioneer was selling her as a c

Posted Images

Your avatar ....? Is that you, getting hold of my throat, if I post " I wish I was closer, mate! "

:toast::laugh: Sorry. Couldn't resist that one, it being Friday night and all.

Seriously though; WTF is a 'Red and Black' canary? Sounds more like a game cock!

:icon_eek:O M F G!!! I just looked on Google! Love to see a clearer shot of your bird.

here ya go pete , im hoping someone can tell me a bit more about it , like i said i went for a pair of gold mosaics and the fella had 2 red and black cocks , he asked if i wanted one , i didnt really but got it for my young un , he had them advertised as red and blacks ?? lol !! my avitar is me chocking our lass :laugh::laugh: ps the flicks on top of his head are paint :laugh::laugh: i put him in his new painted cage to soon :thumbs:

post-43853-0-21636600-1365863256_thumb.jpg

post-43853-0-44443000-1365863275.jpg

post-43853-0-77649100-1365863303_thumb.jpg

post-43853-0-40512100-1365863329_thumb.jpg

Not really mate,a old fella at the local bird club keeps a few and adds them to his red factor strain ever now and again to add a bit of better colour to them and then he breeds back to the red factor and apart from a few i have seen for sale at a few bird shows through the summer that is all i know about them,fare to say a nice canary and if i remember when the next club meeting is and i get to it i'll ask him but i do know he sold his last spare ones at the last East of England bird sale as i was at his table when he sold them.

here ya go pete , im hoping someone can tell me a bit more about it , like i said i went for a pair of gold mosaics and the fella had 2 red and black cocks , he asked if i wanted one , i didnt really but got it for my young un , he had them advertised as red and blacks ?? lol !! my avitar is me chocking our lass :laugh::laugh: ps the flicks on top of his head are paint :laugh::laugh: i put him in his new painted cage to soon :thumbs:

Is that the same as what they call a red and black variegated...........or not ?

I was looking at some red and black variegated hens in a bird place near me nearly bought one myself,they look like the bird pictured above to me but im no expert....................i dare say 250 odd miles is a little bit further than you was planning to travel anyhow :D