How many people out there still eats bunnies. Because a lot of my friends that go out hunting. for rabbits turn there noses up at eating them. I think if you go out and hunting rabbits you should eat them or give them to your working pets ie dogs ferrets, birds, not just go out to kill for the sake of killing and dump them. I love rabbit stew and game pie. And would like to know how many lads on here eat rabbit in this day and age thanks guys.

post-84906-0-65270200-1365016930.jpg

• Like 3

Yup

I eat bloody anything, and haven`t bought meat since last October,, still got a 1/4 freezer fo pheasant, and just put 2 roe in there as well, think my rabbit freezer has aboot 30 left in it or so,, needs topped up shortly

Yup I eat bloody anything, and haven`t bought meat since last October,, still got a 1/4 freezer fo pheasant, and just put 2 roe in there as well, think my rabbit freezer has aboot 30 left in it or so,, needs topped up shortly

when ye think what yer buying in eh big supermarkets n at....ye would be fcukin mad tae not eat wit ye catch mate....atb...
  • Like 5

I eat all game mate,just mine looks a bit better....lol...atb mate....

I do it like this so our lass doesnt ask me to cook owt i just cook for my self and she cooks for her and kids lol doesnt trust me. At least dog trusts me i always give the dog a bowl first lol

Did you catch that poor critter in the pan or was it road kill... :D Give it a good few hours soaking in salted water before draining and boiling to cook, this will get rid of a fair bit of blood and prevent scum forming.

I used to eat quite a bit of rabbit but these days I very rarely bother, think I've eat myself sick of it and I'd rather get my meat from a decent butcher. The rabbits I catch goes to good sources though and plenty eat it.

Good tip with rabbit

Soak it in a bucket of water overnight before cooking with it,, makes it more tender, and improved the flavour and texture.

Will try that pal cheers. Had them hug up for a few days my grandma told me bk in the day wealthy people like there game birds turning. In that i mean going off green. Now thats dirty lol