Hare Today Gone Tomorrow

Well took the pup out this morning for an hour to see what was about nothing over the manor as the spinneys are being dragged out so thought I would pop over the the other field of plenty lol but as you can see these a lot of rabbits and millions of brown hares which to start off with caused a lot of this damage I was first told about the hares when I first got the land but never had chance to see them as you can see most of the field is covered in elephant grass which these huge runs going through it well as you can see the hares are pretty big and trust me me and the pup walked up into the field and the whole ground moved for hares I've never seen so many in one place and in the day like this either so after thinking bugger that's knackered it up now we went for a walk around and ended back in the same spot again so I let the pup off to have a run around when I heard the cry of a baby she had caught herself a hare bless her as you can see its bigger than her bless it boxed her up the head rolled around then ran her first live catch but the hare wasn't that worried as it stopped a good 174mtrs away perfect back stop to the savage 17hmr was straight to the point and dropped dead perfect shot clean heart shot to what a great morning bodie loved it and was so happy she had got it she also tracked the bullet down she lost sent a couple of times but she soon picked it up again a fantastic gun great shot and fantastic pup my teckel has turned out

I hope you like the pictulres

8y6ujyju.jpgazyhy2av.jpgvyqy3ape.jpg

As you can see from the front of the pic in the field the boarder just seems to go due to the amount of rabbit and hare activity

Shay

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Nice one Shay :thumbs: keep at them mate and dont forget the pics as you seem to have quite a following :laugh::thumbs:
  • Like 2

Thank you for the comments folks

The hares have caused damage hence why they need to be shot and if this is what the land owner wants this is what he gets I have in total 47,000 acre estate to control I also need to shoot deer fox rabbits as well as hares these no law that say other wise only Sunday's and Xmas days all my shots a counted and double safe shots as always I teach marksmanship courses and coach all over the uk so I stand by my gun and eye when it comes to shooting if you know your gun and use your gun day in and out and practise every day to so when it comes to pest control I plan most or everything I am not keen on shooting hares due to the damage they have caused I had left them alone for over 2 years and the land has come to this and now the land owner has pit his foot down and told me they need to be delt with

Thank you all again for the nice comments

Shay

• Like 2

its a sorry site to see a hare shot dead. shame on you fella.

Get a grip,, stop trying to look good for the coursing lads,,

Hares need controlled,, I would rather not shoot them, Haven`t shot a hare in years, can`t bring mesell to,, but ffs, if the lad needs to control them,, whats he supposed to do ?? get you down with yer dogs to take them all ! hahahahaha

As for Mcgin is that you a lurcher man now, saying as you have talked all the pish possible about shooting ?

• Like 4

if its pest control why didnt they get ontop of them before they started breeding :hmm: the same with rabbits. if you cull hard in the winter when the population is at its lowest level then they can be pritty much left alone all spring and summer

well for the last 3 years since i have had the estate i was not allowed to shoot anything on there i wanted to due to the over population of rabbits

then once i had took the estate on and this land came into the estate i was then asked to shoot/ control the hares as well which i did well i controlled the rabbits but then the hares started to get out of hand and after 2 years of leaving it i now had the choice they would get someone in to get them down or do it myself i am not running dogs to hares and i am not shooting them with sub 12flbs airguns either i am using either a 17hmr or 22lr to cull / reduce the population of hares i have been in pest control now for just under 30 years so no spring chicken to it these nothing wrong in controlling the hares unless its sunday or xmas day so all good there if you dont like it then i am sorry for that dont read the post but if you dont mind it then fine

i can now understand why so many of us on here are now leaving to other sites its a shame this used to be a great site shame never mind

ALL I WILL SAY IS IF YOU AINT GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY ON THE POST PLEASE DONT WASTE MY POST AND FILL IT FULL OF S**T PLEASE

AND FOR THE FOLKS THAT HAVE BEEN NICE THANK YOU

SHAY

if its pest control why didnt they get ontop of them before they started breeding :hmm: the same with rabbits. if you cull hard in the winter when the population is at its lowest level then they can be pritty much left alone all spring and summer

• Like 1