What antiseptics do you lot use if your dogs have been bitten either by rats of foxes I had a call out this weekend just gone and my bitch got bit quite hard so her wound is quite deep on end of nose and muzzle I have used salt water but just wondered if savlon or something else would be better

Like Bobby said Hibiscrub/Dettol well diluted then once its had a good initial clean good old salt water.If wounds are really bad fill with drycow but that shoulnt be needed for ratbites and only be needed for the very deepest of foxbites

Edited by downsouth
  • Like 2

Sorry was ment to ask what drycow is I haven't heard of it and if needed were to get it from

Any farm that you go on that has cattle will have it mate just ask farmer for a tube or offer to buy some off him,

I usually buy full box of 24 off them then split with mates i think its one of the best things to heal and keep infection out...

Sorry was ment to ask what drycow is I haven't heard of it and if needed were to get it from

Any farm that you go on that has cattle will have it mate just ask farmer for a tube or offer to buy some off him,

I usually buy full box of 24 off them then split with mates i think its one of the best things to heal and keep infection out...

Cheers buddy nice one ;)

i work in a hospital and one of the nurses told me to use diluted t tree oil in warm water as its what women use to heal tears after child birth as its very mild but very effective in fighting infection :thumbs:

• Like 1